News:

Insert expletive here!

Main Menu

CHELSEANACHT 2015 (Everything Thread).

Started by Vortex7, September 07, 2014, 08:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vortex7

A handful of us have come up with the idea of having CHELSEANACHT 2015 in New Orleans Louisiana. I am going to be using this thread for posting ideas for lodging/camping as I research it.

Ahavah Ain Soph

As discussed on the book of faces, there are a few of us here with apartments. I will see how many people I can get all up in my place :)

Vortex7

Awesome, ok so we have a few options. 3 of you have offered to house who you can, I am looking at hostels as well, looks like the india house is a good option http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-india-house-new-orleans
and there seem to be a lot of hostels in the area you showed me on maps so we can work that out as we get closer to the date unless people have ideas for camping instead.

Vortex7

we might as well talk about what ritual design we should use and or do.

Frater Theodbald

If ever anyone has recommendations for travel, that would be nice too.  :)
« Soyez libres !... Du jour où vous l'aurez voulu, vous aurez commencé à l'être ! »
- Éliphas Lévi

Ahavah Ain Soph

You may want to start a separate thread for Rideshares or something, that would likely be the cheapest (And most enjoyable) option for travel. We have a year to network such things, so plenty of time for you to find someone :)

Moon1ight

Just a small addition: When you think about rituals, please consider that we probably have many people who can't be there but want to connect to the working nevertheless.

Maybe we could come up with some version for lone practitioners who want to partake from far away. One simple idea would be to make a unique sigil for that ritual and have all people who want to participate charge it at the same day.
"The Assault on Reality lives in you.
This is what you were born to do." -Ahavah Ain Soph

"As far as what I think the DKMU is? It's a promise to never stop fighting against mundanity, to always be injecting the weird into the world" - Timothy Buell

"Put in the work! :)" - Geri

Vortex7

That is a great idea moonlight, I think it would be fantastic to include a time and action set that people could join in from a distance with a coordinated ritual.

Kiki

Count me in. As many of us as possble should stay at the same hotel so it can be like mini-convocation only DKMU style. Or camping. I would break my camping ban for this.

Maelhavok

I'm in. Been meaning to go back to Nola anyway.

"Wind, fire, that kind of thing..."

Vortex7

Quote from: Kiki on September 13, 2014, 02:53:18 AM
Count me in. As many of us as possble should stay at the same hotel so it can be like mini-convocation only DKMU style. Or camping. I would break my camping ban for this.

There are a few people willing to host in the same area that said they can have multiple people in their homes at a time.

Maelhavok

We have a little under a year.

Is it too soon to start making concrete plans?

Vortex7

Not really one of the things that should be mulled over for sure is exactly what we are going to do besides hang out and be edgy and cool. Like what type of group ritual working we should do. So if you have any ideas spit em out. I think the only planning that should be held to last is the lodging when its close enough to know who is going and who can host for sure.

Maelhavok

I find this agreeable.

Whatever we do...I nominate Jackson Square as where we do it.

Kiki

pfffffffffft it's a vacation, all about being edgy and cool