News:

Insert expletive here!

Main Menu

THE UNOFFICIAL DKMU GRIMOIRE

Started by MadQueen, September 26, 2014, 01:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadQueen

SUBMISSION DEADLINE OCTOBER 31st

We are working on putting together a DKMU collaborative Grimoire and need your help. :o
The Unofficial DKMU Grimoire will highlight the axioms of:

Beauty
Variety
Conflict

To do this, the Grimoire will reflect the members and practices of the DKMU.

It is not required that you work within the DKMU system exclusively for this publication. Anything you might put in your personal magical journal is welcome and encouraged. Think of it as a snapshot of the current right now. Each submission is a dab of color on this picture we are painting. The more variation of colors we have to work with, the more interesting we can make the piece. We can only get that variation through the idiosyncratic individuals who add to this body of work. Anyone at any stage in their practice is encouraged to submit.

We are aiming for a working Grimoire, with spells/ rituals/ techniques/ practices/ etc that can be applied by the person reading it. A mixed medium book comprised of information a magician or occultist could apply to their practice. Theory is excellent too, but theory that has practical applications in magic is even better.

Art submissions are encouraged as well, we want to create an interesting visual experience. Art will compliment other submissions such as essays, papers, rituals, spells, sigils, entities, techniques, theory, meditations, visualizations, hoodoo and spell craft, perspective narratives, stories, poems, etc.

The best way to submit to this project is via the submission form.
You can find that form HERE

The book will be made available online for free upon publication.

DTTI:HTNF

MadQueen

Running list of current submissions as requested by members:

The Gate Trick : A technique for exploring multilayered reality, and an effective means of creating a lasting Ellis node.

Mask of Nothing - Art

Contorting Angels - 663 Art

On Good and Evil: Exploring Morality from the Perspective of Moral Subjectivism

Zalty - Art

A sigil of conflict, to help identify conflict, to create a conflict, and to take the energies of a conflict to put them to other things,

A Prayer to Amplify Venusian Influence in One's Life

A sigil to make the church go fuck itself

This sigil combines the two godforms Zalty and Doombringer. It's used as a sort of warship to get you to your desired goal.

Psinpermek Entity

Technique for money predictions, beginners personal flow chart for market and world occurrences.

To network the creativity of its users; to propel their lives, to give direction, to regain contact with the True Will

Firing off sigils using an inhibitory method

A laughable excuse of an essay on the state of magick that even magickians cannot grasp.

A sigil to destroy and/corrode authority.

Hyperreal Random Belief - Essay

Chaos Never Died - A personal narrative on chaos

A Talismanry for the Friendly - Essay on and dissection of a ritual

"Chelseanacht: DKMU celebratory ritual for the oncoming of Doombringer in the Assault on Reality" - Account and Record of Ritual

The Evocation Marathon: Procedure and Results of DKMU themed evocations in Sept and Oct 2013 - Account and Record of Ritual

Your Magick, Your Path, Your Way: A Rant on Chaos Magick

The Question of Portals and Gates : A Topic Narrative

Synchronicity : A Topic Narrative

I Found a Way To Mess With Time: A Topic Narrative

The Shifting Bell Curve of Reality; Topic Narrative

Are, Can, & Do : Narrative on magical success

Sigil of Transmutation

Sigil to Connect Two Points

Sigil of Skill Building

Sigil of Self Reflection

Sigil : Archetype of The Alien

Language Bindrune with Linking Sigil

Sigil to Evolve

English Language Bindrune

Riding The Chaos Tsunami: As in Belief; So in Doubt : Narrative Essay

Hyperreal Random Belief: A journey of the soul along a one-lane highway of doubt, where the cattle roam free from conformity in humanist herds: Research Essay

Techgnosis : Essay

Inebriation and Authenticity: The Implication of Consciousness Alteration for The Identification of Self Concept; An Analysis in The Anthropology of Affect. : Research Essay

The Book of Selves: Illuminations Technique

Archetype of The Alien - Sigil

Luckthief Servitor

Elemental Kings Purification Ritual

Simple Charging Circle - Glyph

The Evil Eye and Glamoury in General - Essay

Tree of Knowledge - Sigil

Ellis/Conjunctio - Sigil

Sensorium Provocatori - Guided trance

DTTI:HTNF - A sestina (poem)

The Imp Ellis, From a place of power near the Red King. - Art

Initiatory Meditation With Doombringer - Meditation Technique

Wit of Eggshell and Rough Garnet - Folk Divination Technique

The Smart Glitterbomb as an Occult Multitool - Glamourbombing Essay & Technique w/ Sigil

Book of Selves: Illumination Through Art, Sigils & Historical Figures - Sigilization technique

Book of Selves: Personal Movements as Glyphs - Magical coding through physical movement

The Story Invocation - Commentary on utilizing current cultural media in your magick

Sun Scrying - Divination Technique

Invocation of  The Wealthbringer - 3 Day Prosperity Ritual

Raise The Sun - 10 Minute Morning Meditation

Remote Viewing : A Beginners Overview - Essay & Techniques

The Hive  - A Poem

By Basilisk & Bloodstone - Spell/Curse

Chelsea Night 2014 - Account and Record of Ritual

A Guided Meditation on Goodwill and Compassion - Method/Technique

Brought to Light - A Poem

Frater Theodbald

I'm feeling quite enthusiastic about this!   ;D
« Soyez libres !... Du jour où vous l'aurez voulu, vous aurez commencé à l'être ! »
- Éliphas Lévi

MadQueen

Same here, between these and the ones that people have told me they are working on we have over 50 submissions already. Some are sigils but most include a concordance or ritual or explanation. There are far more essays and narratives that are quite good and cover a variety of topics. There is definitely some quality material here.
It would be sort of neat to be cheeky and try and get 156 submissions for the book.

Frater Theodbald

156 submissions would be grand!  Wheras 93 (if thelemically inclined) or 78 (number of tarot cards) or 72 (number of goetic demons) might not be bad numbers to work with either.

Do you have ideas for a title?  If not, I'd like to submit the ideas:
"DKMU: A Marauder's Grimwar"
or perhaps,
"DKMU: A Grimwar of the Assault"
I guess I just like the wordplay grimoire/grimwar.  :)

If you do feel the quality warrants it, then maybe a zero-profit Lulu edition of the Grimoire, much like "The Assault on Reality" would be nice, too.  I'd definitely purchase one, that's for sure.  But maybe we're not exactly at this stage, yet.
« Soyez libres !... Du jour où vous l'aurez voulu, vous aurez commencé à l'être ! »
- Éliphas Lévi

MadQueen

I also like the play on words in grimwar but I believe there is already a Marauders book being worked on so I want to stay away from that in the title, less there be confusion between the two.

Vortex7

Quote from: Frater Theodbald on September 26, 2014, 12:36:07 PM
156 submissions would be grand!  Wheras 93 (if thelemically inclined) or 78 (number of tarot cards) or 72 (number of goetic demons) might not be bad numbers to work with either.

Do you have ideas for a title?  If not, I'd like to submit the ideas:
"DKMU: A Marauder's Grimwar"
or perhaps,
"DKMU: A Grimwar of the Assault"
I guess I just like the wordplay grimoire/grimwar.  :)

If you do feel the quality warrants it, then maybe a zero-profit Lulu edition of the Grimoire, much like "The Assault on Reality" would be nice, too.  I'd definitely purchase one, that's for sure.  But maybe we're not exactly at this stage, yet.

I VOTE FOR "DKMU: A Marauder's Grimwar."

MadQueen

I like it too but isn't there already a Marauders Grimoire in the works?

MadQueen

I think regardless we should hold a vote for the spelling "Grimwar"
It's highly memetic and brilliant in simplicity.

Frater Theodbald

I am suddenly inspired for another title:

BURN THE DAWN: A DKMU GRIMWAR
- Éliphas Lévi

Moon1ight

This is an amazing project! Thanks for putting so much work into it. Even the Submission form was awesome. I rewrote and submitted a piece I wrote for the old DBL forum. Hope it will help to reach a decent number!

To the title.
Grim war. I'm not quite sure. Is what we do a grim war? Yes, we assault reality, but isn't it rather a war on grimness than a grim war? It's kind of both... Maybe one can make something from that? Like "DKMU: A Grimwar on Grimness" ? I still don't quite like it. We are no Discordians, but still: AOS has The Book of Pleasure and we have A Grimwar?

Maybe "DKMU: The Grimwar of Pleasure" ?  I think I like that! Chaotes will recognize it and it's kind of fitting. The conflict is very real, reaLiety is quite a problem, but the Assault on it brings true pleasure as well. Yes, this is my vote.

These are just some ideas, of course it's not for me to decide.

Edit: You probably know this, but just in case: for Art, look at the DKMU-Gallery at Media on this page.
For example, the book could include 8 or 23 (or such) random photos of public LS tags, e.g. on pages which would otherwise have no pictures.
"The Assault on Reality lives in you.
This is what you were born to do." -Ahavah Ain Soph

"As far as what I think the DKMU is? It's a promise to never stop fighting against mundanity, to always be injecting the weird into the world" - Timothy Buell

"Put in the work! :)" - Geri

MadQueen

Yeaaaaaah I am married to no name, I think one will sort of work itself out through the group egregore by people suggesting etc.
I am just psyched its coming together so well so far.
I want it to be so ridiculously huge and content thick with massive variety that it makes a really bold statement.

Beauty. Variety. Conflict.

Sariel

Here is a smattering of writings/musings that I worked up over the last few years or so. I'm still digging them out of the archives, feel free to use them. I'll send the longer stuff through direct submission.

"you may not be aware, but Chaos was once a butterfly
before the earth shakes, or the rivers cry,
she must first muster the strength to flap her wings.
only then will the mountains move." -sariel

"What is Art?
That's a Very good Question
I have no idea
I just create the world I want to inhabit. " -sariel

"What do you think revolution is?
It's a cycle.
and like all cycles,
being circular in nature,
will meet at the beginning again eventually." -sariel

OmniZero

I really, really, hope this is going to be available in printed copy too >.> Internet free books are wicked, but this seems like a book I'd like to have in hand and take places with me. Even if it's sold on lulu, and you take the profits from the sales: IDGAF. I just want a paper edition of this in my face by the time all is said and done.

MadQueen

If there is enough interest in a printed version I know a few people that could probably put together a nice short run, but they would be pricey.  I can check around and see what we are looking at.

Lulu is another option, and not a bad one either.

We have some time to consider these options and see what everyone wants to do.

Personally my biggest thing is that I believe any/ all contributors/members should have free access to the final product - hence the free online deal, but on the other hand yeah- physical books are nice, for me prefer ed.

Good to initiate a dialog on this now though, so we can work through it.