News:

Insert expletive here!

Main Menu

Question- DKMU Beginner's syllabus....

Started by arjil, October 02, 2014, 08:49:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arjil

Question:  What do you guys feel are the most important skills or areas of study or resources for a Beginner, from the DKMU perspective?   You guys know I'm all just for hucking magick at things, but that's not real helpful to the beginner-  if you had it to do over again, what would you start with?  Also, is there anything you wish you Had Not bothered with?

Vortex7

AAO schema. http://www.scribd.com/doc/239223929/The-A-A-O-Handbook

and this coupled with my response on FB,

Read some books, experiment, and as soon as something works for you take some time to develop it without talking to people. Everyone seems to think they have some kind of profound answer but when you're dealing with the edge of consciousness and the more subjective realms of experience the self tends to have more dynamic aspects of expression and less concrete answers. So find what works, expand it, and don't let anyone but you determine the validity of something or else you can spend way too much time restructuring, because lets face it someone with a good grasp of logic and well read can sound convincing while being completely full of shit. Do what makes you feel more potent, do what pushes your expression into the world, use yourself as a measurement for development. If you beat your previous days feats you'll always become more.

Frater Theodbald

I'm thinking more in terms of personality traits than anything else.  A rebellious spirit coupled with a profound sense of the numinous.  A beautiful burning fire inside onself that burns so bright and hot that it hurts and you just want to expand it out of you and burn the whole world up into the stars.  A sense of beauty so terrible and mighty that the Gods themselves would want to join your party and have a beer in good company with you.  An inner divinity that constantly fights to actualise yourself.  A Love of an infinite Other who you will never be able to reach in an embrace unfathomable.  A fight to the end when no end ever comes.  Ipseity squared and hell on wheels.  Climb a mountain only to fall ever higher into the sky.  In a word: Magic. 

There is never enough of always more.
« Soyez libres !... Du jour où vous l'aurez voulu, vous aurez commencé à l'être ! »
- Éliphas Lévi

Kiki

Certainly the AAO schemas. I see Meditation reccomended everywhere, and there are no limits to the number of beginner book lists out there, even for Chaos Magic. The only real additions I would make to those are the DKMU published books.