News:

Insert expletive here!

Main Menu

Nidstang 2.0

Started by Maelhavok, September 22, 2014, 12:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelhavok

So, I'm assuming that we're all familiar with Nidhstangs, or Nithing Poles.

If you aren't, here's the wiki, you lazy bastards :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nithing_pole

So, here's a concept :

Why not set up a series of linked "nithing poles" across the country (country? World?) directed at central locations of...how should I say this ..."concentrated Reality"?  Instead of focusing on the harmful aspect, just direct a sort of guided Chaos-current into...wherever.

Basically, set up some powerful Chaos totem-pole/ projectors, and charge them all and fire them all at the same time.

Side-idea...

We could also use the same concept to build a Working for next year's Chelseanacht .

Those that can't actually make it to the gathering in New Orleans can build Nidstangs and fire them towards Nola at the appropriate time.

"Wind, fire, that kind of thing..."

Svipallr

To me this sounds like Ellisian nodes, like etheric ellisian generator towers beaming out the awakening frequencies to all the dull mindless peeps out there.

Maybe use the idea of the curse pole to curse consensual reality so as to coax people out of it?
Gnothyself

Maelhavok

That's the idea I had, S.

Granted, we'd need a coherent design, preferably one that broadcast it's intent. (Pun intended.)
"Wind, fire, that kind of thing..."

The Cursed Akkadian

Or a howitzer waking up the neighbourhood.

Nick Conrado Yeates

I LOVE this idea.  Typically, the idea was that they piss off the vaettir in the occupied land.  If instead, we awoke xaos within the vaettir, this could be a DRAMATICALLY effective generator.

Svipallr

very good point nick, i forgot ( or perhaps never thought about it) the nid is aimed at magicking the wights into service.

Let the doors of perception be open! chaotic frequency beings appearing in flashing clouds of static, metamorphosing in 4-d liquid-like structures.

i dunno, something like that.
Gnothyself