News:

Insert expletive here!

Main Menu

Salutations

Started by gregora, October 16, 2014, 08:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregora

So it seems that I've stumbled here as I've walked down my path which would look more like just random wandering about, chasing after squirrels and wild geese. If I have to attach labels to my path, I'd use the terms 'wiccan', 'eclectic', 'solitary', and 'curious about everything'. Ever since leaving my religion of origin, I've stumbled on philosophies that I somewhat agree with but isn't 100% for me, so I just throw what I like into the blender. One of the philosophies I found during my wandering was Discordianism.

Basically, I think that sometimes, the world around us needs some shaking up. Nothing big or harmful, just enough to add some color and curiosity into the world which sometimes seems a bit... drab and ordinary. It just seems that there used to be a lot of wonder permeating our existence and our world but the world we were born into has been pushed into a rigid and colorless construct where creativity and thinking for ourselves has been replaced with doing what we're told from the cradle to the grave. To follow a set of directions that we were born into knowing is what is "right" for both us and everyone else and enforced into it out of fear of Bad Stuff happening if you don't - like "don't eat cow because of mad cow" or "we need a bomb shelter in case of Y2K".

So in a way, I agree with the idea of causing weird things to happen but only if it's ultimately harmless to everyone, mostly due to my own moral code (which reverberates well with the Wiccan Rede). I've been harmed before by others and I wouldn't wish any harm to anyone because of what I've gone through.

And I will admit that I can be a bit cynical about things.

So hello.

Tara Flower

Hello and welcome. Before I came here I was doing solitary eclectic Wicca as well, but only for three years so I wasn't an experienced Wiccan. The important thing to know is that you don't have to give it up and you don't have to give up anything else you have studied- just incorporate them and be creative and innovative.

Vortex7

Maelhavok

There's nothing wrong with a little healthy cynicism.
"Wind, fire, that kind of thing..."

Kiki