News:

Insert expletive here!

Main Menu

Lacanian Psychoanalysis, Magick and more... the connections

Started by Thee Uncondemning Momus, October 04, 2014, 04:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thee Uncondemning Momus

Okay. First I am seeking people who are familiar with these names: Jacques Lacan, Luce Irigaray, Walter Benjamin, and Isabella Stengers. And to a lesser extend also Georges Bataille, Antoin Artaud, and Bruno Latour.

Basically, I am interested in fleshing out the connections between Lacanian Psychoanalysis, Lacan's work on the unconscious and signs (aka the symbolic-imaginary-real S-I-R) connection with magick. For instance sigils understood from a Lacanian perspective. I am also interested in a critique of Lacan's work through the work of Luce Irigaray (for starters). One of my jumping off points, for what I call my Red Goddess project, is not only Irigaray's work, but using her work, "This Sex Which Is Not One," to undo and critique Walter Benjamin's text, "On Language As Such, and the Language of Man." Also, I seek to undermine the story of the fall as told by Benjamin in that same essay, by using the alternative figure, Simon Magus (our Gnostic starting point) as well as an old understanding of Adam Kadmon (universal Adam) as an intersexed hermaphrodite. I can give whomever more details about my work, if they are interested. I am also seeking someone who knows nothing about this work (but this is more down the road, maybe not) so they can be like, "I don't know, what's that about, what's that mean, explain more, more, etc" because that would be helpful for me to flesh out my work in its fullest. Okay. So... anyone else into these folks, what about Bataille or Derrida? Did you know that Burroughs & Gysin quote Jacques Derrida in The Third Mind.

Okay, another topic coming shortly, I am also interested in having a conversation, exploring with any and all who are interested the world of Oulipo, Exploding Galaxy, and whatever connections their might be to W.S. Burroughs, Gysin, and even TOPY.

Okay, ROCK! Oh, if you are interested in these topics, need some links, etc, more info, whatever... just reply here and I will do what I can to help, ofc.

Roni Jean

I would very much like to play the part of the student later in this project. I love information, and would be happy to help while learning something new. I'll keep an eye on this, but let me know if I can be of assistance.

Thee Uncondemning Momus

Resal

Yes I would love to talk about all this with you. Here is a link to a folder that has all my current academic work, magick related, that I am working with as material for my first book. Anyway, check this out when you have time: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxzii0g4k6HwT1VqSk9qbmZGLXM&authuser=0

and this link is to the entire google-drive, Knowledge is Free (you can add text to this drive if you desire): https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bxzii0g4k6HwX2NYb0JXbkd3dmc&usp=sharing

anyway, I am on Fb: https://www.facebook.com/TheeUncondemningMonk

and on the IRC as momus, so -- yeah let us talk ASAP

In Chaos and lOVe... Al-Barr, Prof. UM, At-Tawwab...