News:

Insert expletive here!

Main Menu

This is a subject

Started by Mason, January 29, 2015, 10:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mason

So yeah, I was not going to do a introduction topic tonight but my first post was on the Ascension topic and it actually got my wheels spinning so here goes.

I have been on CMG on FB for a while now. So I am not new to Chaos Magick. Also not new to Magick in general. Too much fluff out there though so I tend to be a solitary practitioner. Mostly self taught also.

So I was raised as a Christian but had a mind that was too inquisitive and was too deep of a thinker to be bound by dogma. Had my period of questioning. Also surrounded by a lot of hard times in life. Basically was taken by cops to a mental place from college; which I really did not want to go to to begin with but it was what my parents wanted for me.

While I was in college I was doing more self teaching than I was going to actual classes. I skipped a fuck ton and immersed myself in my own interests online. I was in college initially Fall 2011 and I had been researching a lot since Winter 2010. The whole Mayan Apocalypse thing really sparked my interest and I have always been fascinated by the book of Revelation and Daniel's visions in the Christian Bible.

I tend to tell stories in an associative manner and not in chronological order since my left-brained memory is very associative based.

So then....after the college incident I was in a shitty motel for a while. Ended up being contacted online through a Duel Academy...aka YuGiOh forum by someone who claimed to be a Demon that knew me from previous lifetimes. We skyped a lot and he pretty much triggered a lot of my awakening. Turns out I was part demon. That was the source of a lot of my shit I went through growing up too. I was previously diagnosed with turrets. Turns out that was the result of me and my inner demon fighting for control so much in my earlier youth.

So the whole demon thing has been pretty relevant to me for most of my life. Ever have that feeling that you know this shit when you really do not know this shit.....like you know it on a deeper level and are totally just remembering it....well that is basically what my adventures with the demon I met on the yugioh forum was like almost the entire time. He was a cryptic ass bastard too. One of my best friends it turns out. We have hella past life history together.

So then....back to what inspired me to do this introduction tonight to begin with. The post on Ascension. The mysteries. And how it is all a journey. I posted as part of my reply there the phrase "learn, unlearn, and relearn" and I commented on the limitless options we have to do that. Well when I find something that vibes with me I do it, typically without even thinking and these things tend to find me...I totally do not find them. It has been like that for me most of my life. Everything has kinda came to me. A constant journey of continuous initiation. Now is no different. I have been more and more active with CMG lately and it has lead to me first hearing DKMU get mentioned followed by my curiosity and now me being here. My curiosity has always been a great deterministic factor in my life as well as my personal need to be free of all doubt.

So I am here. I hope to be able to contribute to the community. I have chosen for myself a new mystery to be immersed in and it seems that life has already initiated me.

Ringtail

I've met people like you. Do you call yourself an otherkin or does that term have too much tumblrfluff attached? Good to meet you anyway.

Whee...

You have no idea how many Jesuses I are.

Mason

Otherkin is fluffy and so not me. The definition is different than what I am. Otherkin is like when you relate to demons. I am one, at least part of me is.

Aliga

Aw man, Otherkin get such a bad rap. I get it, for whatever reason, it tends to be people with no clue who get drawn to that label. But like Wicca I don't see it as inherently flufftastic  ???

Ringtail

Wikipedia:

QuoteOtherkin are those who identify as partially or entirely non-human. They contend that they are, in spirit if not in body, not human. This is explained by some members of the otherkin community as possible through reincarnation, having a nonhuman soul, ancestry, or symbolic metaphor. Scholars categorize this identity claim as "religious", because it is largely based on metaphysical beliefs.

Otherkin largely identify as mythical creatures, with others identifying as creatures from fantasy or popular culture. Examples include: angels, demons, dragons, elves, fairies, sprites, aliens, and cartoon characters. Many otherkin believe in the existence of a multitude of parallel/alternative universes, which would explain the existence and the possibility to relate to fantastical beings and even fictional characters.

But I get why many people don't like using that term. Connotations, stereotypes.

You have no idea how many Jesuses I are.

Kiki