News:

Insert expletive here!

Main Menu

Maintaining a Presence

Started by Moon1ight, July 20, 2014, 07:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moon1ight

Just to try and bring back some to this place, here are some Marauder's News from Germany for you ;)

First a way of putting the LS which I like quite a bit:

This is about 1,5 meter long (look at the pinecones for comparison, also the dot is an octagon of pinecones). I leave no writing with these, since they are basically located at random spots in the forests here, some rather close to paths, others more in the middle of the forest.

Secondly I created a small banner in Daedric Letters (From the TES Series ;)  http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Daedric_Alphabet )

It says "All Hail The Red Queen" in the typical style of Daedric writing (First letters very large, others clustered around). I wrote only one  of these so far, in a place where many people are who might know the game. I also added an LS, naturally. Must be quite interesting to find something in this writing, look for a deciphering key (which is of course very easy to find if you know that this is Daedric), and then read it. Will hopefully brighten someone's day.

I'm also leaving quite many small LS markings wherever I go and find a suitable place. I prefer to leave interesting quotes as well. "Ask me how",  "Make friends with a monster", "Death to the image. HTNF...", or sometimes simply DKMU are of course classics. Do you have more ideas? I'm always grateful for some.

Recently I started to look for suitable quotes in AOS' works (Where else? ;) ) and came up with a small design:

Other quotes are "Demand of God equality -- usurp!", "There is only one sin -- suffering. There is only one virtue -- the will to self-pleasure." and others from these pages.

and lastly, a question, if someone has time to answer:
Is the FB-Group active, or where do you guys discuss the latest magical research and marauding? On OC? On OF?(Only found a few topics here) On Reddit? Where is the talk? I really want to communicate more with fellow Khaotes, please help  :-[

Khaos provides!
"The Assault on Reality lives in you.
This is what you were born to do." -Ahavah Ain Soph

"As far as what I think the DKMU is? It's a promise to never stop fighting against mundanity, to always be injecting the weird into the world" - Timothy Buell

"Put in the work! :)" - Geri

Kiki

Moon1ight, most of the activity occurs on the facebook group. OC and reddit has some active conversation, but it seems the most active groups are currently (and unfortunately) on facebook.

Timesage Taylor

Maelhavok

I recently left Facebookm (and most public social media) entirely, mostly because I'm paranoid.

The way I look at is, the major social media pages are the equivalent of the "0 Degree Initiates". Most of them will never make it this far, and that's fine. They'll have fun and drop in or out at random, and that will keep us constantly infused with fresh souls---ermn...with...new ideas and such.

Those willing to take the extra step will eventually find their way here, as I did.

Also, massive kudos on the au natural linking sigil. It's given me some great ideas to use Over Here.
"Wind, fire, that kind of thing..."

Moon1ight

I agree with you, Dr. Hellfire, it not like it was actually hard to find this forum.

Glad to hear that my work is inspiring you. That is why we share it, after all :)

Also a new thing: The DKMU is always big on Alice symbolism and many people have heard the phrase "Follow the White Rabbit." So why not make a rabbit-tag? The problem is that I cannot draw at all. Not even slightly. So I went here, to learn how to draw a simple rabbit:

http://www.wikihow.com/Draw-a-Bunny

And then I tried it on a well frequented historical site and recreation spot in the woods around my town. This is my absolutely first try, just because I was too inspired to try on paper first ;) 

Obviously, there are other ways to draw rabbits, but this one I liked most.

I think, this makes for an decent tag, because it's interesting and unusual, and still quite easily made. This one was made with a pencil for the helping lines, and a permanent marker for the actual drawing.

I assume that a more interesting tag leads both to a higher chance of someone reading up on the DKMU (and get their mind blown) and to a higher emotional reaction and therefore to more effect on the Ellisian network.

"The Assault on Reality lives in you.
This is what you were born to do." -Ahavah Ain Soph

"As far as what I think the DKMU is? It's a promise to never stop fighting against mundanity, to always be injecting the weird into the world" - Timothy Buell

"Put in the work! :)" - Geri

Patchwork

The way I look at is, the major social media pages are the equivalent of the "0 Degree Initiates". Most of them will never make it this far

Maybe we should reward people for making it this far by actually talking about something interesting. FB has had waaaay better conversations than most of what I'm seeing here.

Occasional posts like this one aside.

Ringtail

Where are the conversations on facebook? I've stayed away from the site all these years so I don't really know how to use it. I joined the group but all I see is reposts from here.

You have no idea how many Jesuses I are.

Ahavah Ain Soph

That's a page, but it's good you're here :D

Kiki

Quote from: Ringtail on January 18, 2015, 01:46:22 PM
Where are the conversations on facebook? I've stayed away from the site all these years so I don't really know how to use it. I joined the group but all I see is reposts from here.

Yep, you are probably looking at the DKMU page, which is mainly just the RSS feed. This is the group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/DomusKaoticaMarauderUnderground/

Quote from: KRX Troias on January 17, 2015, 07:10:57 PM

The way I look at is, the major social media pages are the equivalent of the "0 Degree Initiates". Most of them will never make it this far

Maybe we should reward people for making it this far by actually talking about something interesting. FB has had waaaay better conversations than most of what I'm seeing here.

Occasional posts like this one aside.

Also, yes. All of this. Seriously, I am just waiting on my tax return so I can get my computer. So many things that need doing in this place...