News:

Insert expletive here!

Main Menu

Which colour does the best?

Started by Order's Bane, April 11, 2015, 10:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Order's Bane

I was wondering which colour would do the best as a permanent marker for drawing an Ellis sigil? The black "brush", the silver or gold permanent marker? Or a red one?

I have a sharpie black brush type marker, not sure what it means. Aswell as two non-brush permanent markers, Silver Metallic and Gold Metallic. Which one would you recommend? For some surfaces that are black a different colour than black may be required.

In my country order is really dominant, especially in culture. People will freak out or go dramatic at the slightest bit of awkwardness such as in my school. The one I went to for the first year was worse. Would you recommend drawing it on my school bag, bottle and pencil case also? Sometimes the schoolbag or pencil case can wear out though and may have to be thrown away.

Also how should I respond if someone notices and asks me "what's this?" Or "what the heck is that?!"

Moon1ight

Welcome to the Glitterbombing Business  8)

I do not think that there is a strict answer to which colours are best. I personally always carry a black and a red permanent marker, since these are the colours I connect the most to Ellis. Silver/Metallic and Gold also seem like good ideas to me -- the "Lead to Gold" symbolism is very striking. The worthless lead of consensus reality being transformed to the Gold of Khaos and lives worth living by the Alchemy of Glitterbombing.

As for drawing it on your own stuff... I personally do not have it on anything that can be seen as mine. There are not many Glitterbombers, right? So, if someone sees a tag on a wall or anywhere, and then sees it on your stuff, he'll guess that is is your work. Now, he has no proof. But you are the primary suspect and graffiti is of course not exactly permitted officially. This is why I only have it on personal stuff that I don't have with me in public.

If you are not worried about that and someone asks you about that sign on your bottle... you'll have to give an answer, hm? Most likely I'd say "Solve the Riddle" or "Seek the Secret" :) These also make for good quick writings next to LS tags, I think. If you tag an LS with a line such a those and the Letters DKMU somewhere, folks might look it up on google and have their minds blown, which is of course part of the point, right :) ?

But let's be honest, in modern society you do not want all random people around you (in your class/university, at your workplace and so on) to know that you personally are an occultist, or?  And since the LS directly links to DKMU and that directly links to Magick... I would not draw it on things that link to me directly, i.e. my personal stuff, and I would not explain to peope what it means if they see a tag somewhere and (for some reason) ask me about it (unless those people are good friends, obviously).

This is just my personal opinion however, you can do it in any way you like. Obviously, it is always a good idea to try to find out/feel what Ellis thinks about your Glitterbombing.

"The Assault on Reality lives in you.
This is what you were born to do." -Ahavah Ain Soph

"As far as what I think the DKMU is? It's a promise to never stop fighting against mundanity, to always be injecting the weird into the world" - Timothy Buell

"Put in the work! :)" - Geri

Ringtail

The lead to gold concept is interesting. You could use black to represent lead and then something to show the transition. It's art, use your imagination.

You have no idea how many Jesuses I are.

Order's Bane

I've drawn some sigils using a permanent marker on the edge markings(not sure the proper name) of a walkway that leads to my school but didn't say anything yesterday. They aren't exactly perfect sketches but in the right shape. Also scratched one into a pole. Any idea what to do from here?

Ringtail

Print off some artwork from the media section and leave them on shelves around a shopping mall.

You have no idea how many Jesuses I are.