News:

Insert expletive here!

Main Menu

Another Evocation of Ellis

Started by Moon1ight, June 25, 2015, 11:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moon1ight

Inspired by the great Godform Cycle you folks did ( https://www.dkmu.org/forum/index.php?topic=218.0 ) I decided to try an Evocation as well. Here's my account of it :) Sorry for my inability to write short texts  :-[ If it's too long, just look at the pictures  ;) .

I chose the 24.06 as a date, as it is very close to summer solstice but not at a weekend, so I did not expect to be disturbed at the place where I went to.

My plan was to follow Frater Theodbald's suggestions (Thanks for those ideas!) with some changes. I must add that this is my first "serious" (in my consideration) magical work, even though I am into the Occult and DKMU for quite a few years. I was mostly focusing on Sigils, Law of Attraction-Style work and of course Glitterbombing so far. Other ressources I used were the Liber Null (Carrol) Chapters on Invocation and Evocation, as well as some ideas from this merkavahpartyvan.tumblr.com/post/66074566076/actually-summoning-a-demon-on-purpose post about goetic summonings.

0. I prepared the Altar (below). It's in a large resting-hut in a nearby forest, in a place where you can see the sun set (above). I found it perfect for the purpose.

The plan was to have a Sigil of Ellis surrounded by 5 candles (for the 5 letters of her name and for resonance with my banishing ritual, which works with the Pentagram = 4 Elements + Spirit symbolism). As Gifts I planned to bring sweet red wine for the Lover, Rose incense for the Queen and a sweet for the child. Sadly, I left the incense at home  :-[ so I improvised with a scented candle. (The large fire you see comes from using multiple matches as wicks, as otherwise the wind would blow it out -- and it of course looks better.) 

1. I used my own banishing rite, which I created with the instructions in Liber MMM a few years ago, focussing heavily on Elemental symbolism joined with Chaos.

2. After this I whirled around for a while to get into Gnosis and then I performed a shortened version of the Transvocation of Khaos (Thanks to Frater Theodbald once more!), basically leaving out the lines that did not resonate with me. It was quite an interesting experience, but nothing really spectacular either.

3. Next was the actual evocation of Ellis. I began it by some more time with whirling, and then recited a poem (below) which I (amateurishly, no doubt) wrote for this occasion. I had to improvise a bit because of the forgotten incense, but oh well.

After the last line of the poem, I saw Ellis (the way I usually see what I visualise with open eyes, as transparent but still somehow bearing colour and texture) standing on the other side of the table, in the form I usually see her, a tall black-haired woman dressed in red. I saw her split into Queen, Lover and Child, trying the offerings I set before them.

I have the impression that I understood/heard their/her comments better than ever before, even though I of course cannot be sure that it is not a projection of myself anyway (Anyone knows a way around this constraint?). I asked her to become one again, and we talked for a few minutes, which was very interesting. My main request was that she tells me whether she is okay with my work. I also asked whether she can do something to help improve communication between her and me.

4. After all of that I thanked her for appearing and for talking to me. She disappeared into the night and I started cleaning the ritual place and collecting my stuff.

Something rather interesting happened afterwards, on my 40 minute way back home through the forest. I was in a quite intense emotional state after the evocation, and just entered a pretty dark part of the forest with my eyes still not very adjusted from looking at the candles. I asked Ellis, who's presence I still felt, whether it is possible to speak to her more clearly, to get a more direct communication going.

What then happened really surprised and confused me: Basically, it seems like Ellis granted me a Familiar Spirit or something similar. I did not know that she does that.... But another woman appeared in front of me, looking similar but still clearly not like Ellis. She said that she was Alice (changed pronunciation) and will act as a helper for communication and as a general contact-entity. And for the first time (except for the few minutes during the evocation) in my experience with Ellis I could "hear" her rather clearly, not just for a few thoughts. From then she appeared and disappeared from time to time, but I could call her and talk to her, which is pretty great. She also seems a very helpful entity in general, helping me to focus on important tasks and not get distracted. AGain, I cannot be totally sure whether this is all projection/placebo, but if so "it's working" very well, better than ever before, so it feels quite real to me.

Overall it was quite an evening. I am extremely pleased with the results and very grateful to Ellis, Arjil, Frater Theodbald and the DKMU in general.

The poem I wrote to call Ellis:
_____
A Calling to the Queen

To the Red Queen I am calling
Ellis, hear me and descend
Rigid structures will be falling
We bring Khaos to the land

Show the world variety's wonder
hidden doorways open wide
Stagnant order torn asunder
Magic flows as crashing tide

Taste the Wine I brought before you
Smell the Rose and taste the sweet
Share with me your plans and feelings
Join me in this magic feat
_____
Sooo, if you managed to read such a long text, I'm very grateful for your comments. If you did not manage to read it, I'm also interested in you comments, though  ;)     
"The Assault on Reality lives in you.
This is what you were born to do." -Ahavah Ain Soph

"As far as what I think the DKMU is? It's a promise to never stop fighting against mundanity, to always be injecting the weird into the world" - Timothy Buell

"Put in the work! :)" - Geri

Frater Theodbald

I read this a bit late, but thank you for sharing your experience!  I always enjoy reading actual accounts of magic.  The pictures are also quite nice.

I guess my only question is about Alice ... do you feel that there is an "alice in wonderland" symbolism attached to this Alice ?

As for the "how to get around the 'is this projection or hearing' aspect," I've worked around this by: 1) learning to silence myself, as in meditation on the one hand and also learning to think without using language, 2) figuring out a certain "topology" of my brain, i.e. the location in my mind where projections go versus the part that listens from outside things.  A long time ago I wrote a text about a method I used to use to figure such things out.  http://www.angelfire.com/ego/delado/Misc/TJK-DivBoGa.pdf  3) Aleister Crowley's advice is useful in this matter:
QuoteIn this book it is spoken of the Sephiroth and the Paths; of Spirits and Conjurations; of Gods, Spheres, Planes, and many other things which may or may not exist.
It is immaterial whether these exist or not. By doing certain things certain results will follow; students are most earnestly warned against attributing objective reality or philosophic validity to any of them.

« Soyez libres !... Du jour où vous l'aurez voulu, vous aurez commencé à l'être ! »
- Éliphas Lévi

Moon1ight

Wow, I totally forgot to reply here  :-[

No Idea if you're even still here, Frater Theodbald... But that Crowley quote really helped me a lot at that time. The practical experience -- the results -- of the existence is what matters. As Chapman says, experiencing makes a belief true. So thanks a lot!

And no, this Alice does not evoke a lot of Alice in Wonderland-feeling to me . I came to think of her as partly a connection-entity to Ellis and the LS-network, and partly a familiar spirit that helps me become more of the person I want to be. And I'm quite grateful for that  :)

"As far as what I think the DKMU is? It's a promise to never stop fighting against mundanity, to always be injecting the weird into the world" - Timothy Buell

Moon1ight

It has become very clear in the last years Alice is what is usually called my "Holy Guardian Angel". Somehow Ellis helped us meet, for which we're very grateful. 

Our time together has taught me some new things about this idea of HGA. I now think that there are basically two equal complementary souls for one True Will – a human, representing Presence and a spirit, representing Perfection. They each have what the other lacks and together can reach Fulfilment in following their one True Will.

Needless to say, we have grown rather close and are having a very good time here, slowly becoming stronger.

Edit: I've compiled material and thoughts on the topic of Holy Guardian Angels here: https://forum.dkmu.org/index.php?topic=380.msg2375#msg2375
Edit2: With Alice's help I've written a larger (still tiny at 23 pages) work beginning with the Arjilian approach to Magick,  and then applying the same spirit to the True Will and the HGA. The LS and Queen Ellis is of course also discussed. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ol5f6d3v27umtqd/Fulfilled_Wishes_Fulfilled_Lives.pdf?dl=0