News:

Insert expletive here!

Main Menu

The Marauder Underground

Started by Kiki, March 03, 2016, 04:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiki

As many of you know, the idea of the Marauder Underground Monthly has been an idea I have had in the works for.. well... forever. I'd like to see this come about into actual being in the next 3 months.

The Marauder Underground will be a (hopefully monthly) missive comprised of community submitted articles and artwork. Think something similar to the Oistar Guide in look (because I can do that, obviously) but far more epic and fresh. Maybe 10 pages to begin with, but nothing is really set in stone.

At this point in time I have a rough idea of what I'd like to see happen, and am putting out a call for collaboration. I've got a submission guideline prepared (thank you for your help, Mad Queen!), and some rough topics/ideas (clearly we need a cats corner, recent tags and workings photo section,  and a slogans and phrases section). I'm thinking we will call for submissions 2 months prior to the actual final date to enable a month for submissions to come in, and a month to put it all together.

I can handle most of the work, but would like another set or two of eyes to help with feedback/artwork (my bane when it comes to e-zines)/etc.

If you'd be interested in helping run this project, please drop me a message.

I am hoping there will be enough interest to select a different featured artist each month, whose artwork would grace the cover and potentially some of the pages, as well as the banner artwork for the DKMU page (and possibly group). It'd also be awesome to have a handful of people (5?) who could commit to providing an article or column each month.

If you're interested in submitting, please stay tuned, as a call for submissions should be ready by the end of the month.

I know we've had several attempts similar to this in the past (such as the Oistar Magazine) that have failed, but I am hoping that this will bring new participation, involvement, and oistars into the ring.

On a side note, I am also looking at starting a Glamourbombing e-zine in a similar vein if anyone is so inclined to help with that.

Maelhavok

"Wind, fire, that kind of thing..."

Ringtail

I'll help when I can. PMed you my email.

You have no idea how many Jesuses I are.

Aliga

I'm not sure if I will be able to commit, but I'd like to try. I could write articles. aligacrystenia@gmail.com

I'll get to writing one or a few articles in the next few days :)

Dune Bale

I would like to help contribute. I can do artwork, and maybe an article every now and then. I've helped with zines in my local punk music community, but have always wanted to find something like this.

erwingschro66@gmail.com
Don't believe the human eye, In sunlight or in shade.
The shadow show if sight and sense is the devils masquerade

Kiki

Hey guys, just an update: I've got the overview written, just gotta get it either up on a web page or into a PDF. Which would ya'll prefer? Either way those of you who have sent me your emails already will get first crack at the positions on the panel/zine. I'm thinking it's gonna just stay up long-term for the project, so do we want to try to get a blog off of the DKMU.org, a sub-forum, or??? I'm also considering the best way to get the editions out there once they are ready, which I'm thinking will be the same platform, at least initially, and so for that I'm thinking something on the site itself will be best (and maybe bring in more posts!)

I'm really excited!

Maelhavok

I honestly think a blog off of this forum would be a better idea.
"Wind, fire, that kind of thing..."

Kiki

MUM Update:
Current positions available: Artwork assistant
Komrade Panel positions available: Oistar, Old Fag
If you are interested in any of these positions, drop me your email and I will forward you the (updated) PDF with all of the information.
Submissions have begun rolling in, but we are still in need of more to begin working on the first edition. Still have a first publication date of April 30.
Info for submissions: SUBMISSIONS
Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis. Content we are consistently seeking are ritual reports, glamourbombing tags, artwork, articles related to the DKMU godforms, slogans, big toe, and culture jamming. Please title the subject of your email "Marauder Submission." Be sure to include your name or nom de plume, as well as any blog or website URL which you would like acknowledged. Anonymous submissions will be credited as such. Please place text in the body of the email. Include the title of your submission as well as a statement of intent or propose (if applicable). Artwork and photographs may be sent as attachments; include title, description, or any other details in the text. Email submissions to marauderunderground@gmail.com. Please direct any questions to the same email.
Hoping to get the site end up by the end of this month. Progress has been slow, but it is coming along. If you have already emailed me a questionnaire about a position, you should get an email back today from me. Thank you to everyone who has expressed interest, and especially if you have emailed submissions or questionnaires.
DTTI: HTNF

Ringtail

Do I still count as an oistar? Probably. What did you want me to email you for the position, again?

You have no idea how many Jesuses I are.

Kiki

Quote from: Ringtail on March 30, 2016, 07:35:59 AM
Do I still count as an oistar? Probably. What did you want me to email you for the position, again?

Got your email. Check yours in about... 5 minutes, gonna send a reply now and add you to the spreadsheet.

Kiki

http://marauder.dkmu.org/submissions/

We are still in need of submissions if we are to make our deadline this month! We have received 4 text submisisons (thank you so much <3), and 2 art/artist submissions. The goal right now is to get 10 pages of stuff together... You can submit just about ANYTHING.

So if you have some nice big toe you have been sitting on, this is your chance. If you have some slogans or sticker sayings, send them in! We'd love to get a whole page of action photos going, so if you've tagged, stickered, glamourbombed, or just marked Ellis somewhere, send those in!

Hell, at this point I'm about to add those cat photos in lol.

If nothing else comes in by this weekend I think the date will have to be moved out to May, which would suck.