News:

Insert expletive here!

Main Menu

Project: L.S. Addressing and Routing Protocol -- Help Wanted

Started by Seisatsu, November 23, 2016, 01:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seisatsu

Currently, L.S. is a decentralized network where every sigil is attached to every other sigil. Too broad! If we can draw the sigil, why not also be able to visually represent some protocols for routing energies between specific sigils and groups of sigils, and for addressing of those sigils, or perhaps even for more complex concepts? And furthermore, these protocols could perhaps even be standardized to an extent for the easy use of all.

I present what is in no way a final draft, an early, simple example of a simple L.S. Addressing and Routing Protocol.

Double posting shall be allowed in this thread.

Rasafar

I think this has a lot of potential. There are all sorts of concepts I can see translating from the computer metaphor that could be applicable here. I think establishing some basic protocols for communication, energy transference/filtering, basic utilities, etc. would be highly beneficial.

The concept can be mapped out further if you think about small unix applications, the design philosophy of which is to take one thing, do it really well. These then tend to get piped together, strung around in batch scripts, etc. to create more complicated programs.

I think what we need are community-drive established "protocol-sigils" for various functions. Really need to define what we are trying to create, and then strict rules to enforce it, so things can be better organized.  Sigils are already mini-magick programs (achieve(goal), finances++, etc.).

Since we already have a network, perhaps a first order program would be a simple "search" or "query" tool..."list nodes matching <parameter>"?

Where else could we start building on top of the hardware layer of the LS? How much is already built in to the network? Is it worth adding another layer on top to standardize with a fallback to the LS? This can be built up into magical applications of programming software etc. even. Maybe I'm fetishizing technology a bit too much here?

Seisatsu

I think that very first we must design the systems for addressing sigils, and basic routing functions between addresses. This is the backbone of the system, and central to the project. Once those designs are finalized we can work on the development of further protocol. As best I know, never before has there been a way for sigils to search each other out in particular, to link specific sigils to one another rather than just linking into the entire pool. This will be a secondary layer to the existing network. It will not be possible to link directly to an unaddressed sigil from an addressed sigil; only protocol sigils may participate in this new layer, but they are still a part of the whole. You could however have an addressed sigil push energy to the entire network, as this is what the LS has always done by design.

The protocol must also be easy to read. It should be, to an extent, self evident what the geometric shapes comprising the protocol are for. This is what I tried to do in my draft, though I do not think the final version will look the same. We should submit drafts of various geometric designs for the control symbols like I have done in the first post.

Things to accomplish first off:

• Addressing sigils. Multiple sigils may share the same address, making them a group. The address can be anything recognizable, be it number, word, or another sigil.
  • Routing between addresses. A sigil may route energy input to it to another address, pull energy from another address, or block the push or pull of energy from/to various addresses, or only allow access from certain addresses while blocking all others.
  • Enumerating lists of addresses for routing. Push/pull to/from a list of addresses.
Things to possibly accomplish later:

• Programming-like logic. A geometric programming language which can utilize the routing layer network. Things like conditionals, for loops, etc.
  • Querying the status of other sigils, for use in logic.
  • All sorts of shit.
In short, currently when someone throws energy into an LS, it spreads across the entire network. When someone pulls from the LS, they can filter with intent, but they are just pulling certain kinds of energy out of the network as a whole. Routing will allow energy to be put into one LS and come out ONLY at another specific LS, or for energy to be pulled ONLY from a specific LS. This level of control did not exist previously.

Seisatsu

Example Use of the Routing Layer:
You have a magic crystal and I have a magic crystal. Both are needed for my ritual, but we cannot get to each other. I place an addressed sigil where the second crystal needs to be, and you connect your crystal to a sigil which pushes energy to my address. I perform my ritual, pretending that the second crystal is present, and use its energy through the sigil. This theoretically passes clearer energy with far less noise than just drawing an LS and trying to use an intent to filter all of the energies of the entire network down to that of a single crystal somewhere else. However...

Potential Issue - Noise:
The Linking Sigil network is noisy. It contains an amalgam of countless energies, all trying their best to push their way out of every instance of the sigil. Even if we surround an LS with protocol symbols, that LS is still an LS, and therefore the rules of the original LS apply. By using the intent of making it an addressed sigil we can block these extraneous energies to an extent, but an enormous will is required to filter all energies, and some noise will likely still pass through. Some level of signal noise is unavoidable when using the network, but I suggest that it may be decreased further, in concert with the use of intent and protocol symbols, by using a slightly modified LS for work with the routing layer. I name this concept the "Routing Sigil", a subtype of the Linking Sigil. Draft designs for the Routing Sigil are welcome in this thread. This is just an idea and may be abandoned.

A thought: Replace the dot to the left, originally designed as an anchoring point, with something more deliberate. We might change its attachment just enough to disconnect it slightly from the overall energies of the network while piggybacking off the network. Whatever we place there should signify direct connection between things. It will still be an LS and look very much like one, but with slightly different intent drawn in. Maybe make it look less like a hole into something and more like an antenna.

This is an afterthought and should be focused on after the protocol is made.

Seisatsu

Draft 2
In this new concept draft of the Routing Protocol, an LS is surrounded with four quadrants -- one above, below, left, and right.

• Top Quadrant contains the address of the sigil. Multiple sigils may share the same address.
  • Left Quadrant contains a the sigil address to pull from or block rx from, or list thereof.
  • Right Quadrant contains the sigil address to push to or block tx to, or list thereof.
  • Bottom Quadrant has two legs. The left leg, read top to bottom, will contain code to be run on energy after it is received. The right leg, also read top to bottom, will contain code to be run on energy before it is transmitted.
A list of addresses is surrounded by parentheses. Addresses surrounded on four corners with an "x" are blocked. Each quadrant's code is ended with a terminus. The entire "body" of the setup, the "router", is a low-level servitor which assists with the described functions. The lower quadrant itself, the "stack", is also a servitor on its own, being subservient to the first, which runs code in a yet-to-be-written symbolic language.

I hope drawing the LS on this silly notepad I had lying around doesn't give Ken Cooley any untoward advantage. Maybe something weird will happen.

Two alternate designs without the code section, which can accept arbitrary secondary inputs/outputs:

You can think of these little guys as servitors too. For the body to be "closed" means that energy from the general surroundings won't affect or be affected by the sigil (in ideal conditions).

Template for second design:

SaintRiggorMortison

Imagine that you are walking through a forest. Imagine that there are chipmunks chirping at each other. Stop walking and listen. Within your mind you can formulate the positions of the chirps. You have now created a holograph of the locations of the chirps within your mind. Think for a few moments about what just happened within your mind. Now, think for a few moments about what this means for the world of chipmunks... every chipmunk is doing this. Think about the information network that emerges where each individual chipmunk retains, as a piece of the whole network, their relative position within the whole network. The chipmunks can pass information throughout the forest without coordination.

It is a communication protocol. The boundaries of communication are limited by the media facilitating the communication. There has been a very long trend toward resolving some fundamental problems within human communication. Our communication is global and yet we do not communicate with the same grace as a matrix of chipmunks chirping in the woods. Not only do chipmunks in a forest broadcast, receive, imprint, and relay communications as needed, but they each have an opportunity to ruminate and alter a message (subroutines). Each node (chipmunk) retains an individual mental image -- a portion -- of the contiguous communication network. Without coordination, information can get to where it needs to go. These are features of communication that we need.

Think of what a node is, its essence. A node is something with an individual identity. Communication, reduced to its essence, involves the transmission of identity. A transmission of identity alerts those that know The Identity to receive the transmission. Time-delay noise can say a lot: by measuring the interval of time between transmissions of identity there are an infinity of potential interpretations. If life can be said to alter and relay data and information, then "identity" can be said to be a fundamental fact of life. This scheme does not need matter to exist and may, in fact, have proceeded matter.

If a node and identity are the same... then what? In human terms, there are two types of identities. 1) Names of Selfs, and 2) Names of things. Things are anything!

Which came first, the thing or the mind? Personally, I believe that the mind proceeds matter; however, we are essentially describing a synaptic network distinct from the human mind. From the perspective of the network, it proceeds the human mind. Aside from the generating of data, it is necessary that the network never creates its own subroutines/programs, lest we create a runaway AI. Ever read Dune!!!!!!

A sequencer is a thing that assigns identities and a sequencer requires its own identity. Here is a suitable naming scheme <Dimension Identity<Human Identity<Sequencer Identity<Sub-Sequencer Identity<Sequence Identity<Time-Stamp<Sequence Data>>>>>>>. This is a scheme for naming a set of data. Data can reference any named set of data on the network. Data can be modular components of programs. Programs and subroutines can build from fundamental concepts, and eventually programs can be constructed simply by constructing a string of data names (essentially: words). Data can also simply be information, like a set of queryable research papers.

Functional programming is a must for the exchange of computations and data. This is powerful stuff, which necessitates its decentralization. How should this be accomplished? For every identity string, there must be a set of adjacent identity strings with the same <Dimension Identity><Sequencer Identity> and <Sub-Sequencer Identity>. The chipmunk communication network is essentially a Distributed Hash Table.

Environment, data, and computation must be unified. This requires a new type of symmetrical bit data structure. This is something that'll have to be demonstrated in pudding :) .

Anyway, this is all regarding a project in active development called The NextNet. We're going to have a presentation done pretty soon, but if anyone wants to jump on board go for it! This is a public service. One of the first applications to be Self-Tallying Quantum Anonymous Voting. This is the next step for "social media" and economy through block chains and trade.

Hail Eris!

Ringtail

This is awesome and I'm going to be using it.

I know LS variants have been used to connect specifically to each other, as have sigils that don't include the LS but use the same logic (law of similarity). And some people claim to be able to look through the web and locate a specific instance based only on its surroundings. LS is more user friendly than material communication networks, since so much can be auto-directed by intent.

I would point out that putting an address on a sigil doesn't need to be as aesthetically boring as a number on top. Any additions or modifications to the sigil should work, and, to me, seem like they would work better, since the imaginative processes of mind and magick could get a better grip (think what would be more memorable and evocative, a string of digits or something graphic).

The closest thing that this reminds me of are the variations in Kiki's glamourbombing manual for input vs output vs transforming energy in the area. But AFAIK there's no agreed-upon way of symbolizing the moment of info between nodes like this, and I'm sure that would be more powerful than the personal codes that some people have been using.

[/size]
Quote from: Saint Riggor Mortison on February 22, 2017, 09:55:27 AMAside from the generating of data, it is necessary that the network never creates its own subroutines/programs, lest we create a runaway AI.

*cough*

You have no idea how many Jesuses I are.

res bina

I just joined the site because I was working on a very similar idea, and someone pointed out this thread. I' going to be working on this myself, setting up addresses and connecting them and running experiments.

res bina

I was thinking that perhaps it would be useful to create addresses for linking sigils that draw power from specific sources. Say I put an LS on FM radio transmitters with an address exclusive to radio transmitters. This way, I have a particular energy source to link to for when it would be applicable or most useful to use that source.

We could create a list of potential power sources, create the addresses for them and start placing them to create a substantial network of sources.

Dalabrac

I dig the routing and addressing concept a lot. I've been playing around with an idea for localized L.S. networks recently centered on an L.S. placed where most work is done. Then satellite sigils programmed to feed into the prime sigil are placed, (hopefully) concentrating local energy into a focal point (still being on the larger L.S. network simultaneously). The routing language you have would work really well for that project actually.

I haven't worked anything out on paper yet, but here's a rough approximation of where I'm headed

A' is the prime L.S.
x1-n are 1st order satellites,
y1-n are 2nd order satellites,
etc.

y1-n feed into x1-n, adding cumulatively, and x1-n feed into A', such that:
(y1-n)energy+(x1-n)energy+(A')energy=A' total strength

This is just a rough draft, but maybe some bits may prove useful with routing and addressing theory.
It's not the right time to be sober,
'Cause now the idiots have taken over.

Emasculate The Proletariat