News:

Insert expletive here!

Main Menu

August 2017 solar eclipse

Started by Ringtail, December 13, 2016, 10:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringtail

Friends. Rivals. Peniscows.

There is an eclipse coming and I want to do something with it.

https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/.../SEg.../SE2017Aug21Tgoogle.html

I assume most of you have heard about this. The date is August 21st and it will be visible across America from Oregon to South Carolina, following the path in the link above. It's the first total solar eclipse in this region since 1979 and the last until 2024. An instant before totality, the moon's gargantuan shadow can be seen rushing across the landscape at over a thousand miles an hour. The moment is so bizarre that people are said to scream when it hits, even if they were expecting it. Millions of people will be watching. You see the opportunity.

The nature of this event makes some decisions about the type of working for us. Eclipse is a new moon on crack. The moon forms a cone shaped shadow, the tip of which will cut like the point of a sword across the US. I know people have been shying away from large-scale destructive workings now that a lot of them are coming true, but this year is precisely what makes the timing so powerful. If there was ever a time to try to destroy a constrictive reality, this is it.

I wanted to post this early so that there would be time for everyone to make plans, especially since the date is inflexible. August 21st. One idea would be to have multiple stations along the route of the eclipse where people do a similar rite with the same goal each time it passes overheard, thus building power through momentum. We would then link the rites in some way, maybe with a sigil or just by having a similar enough structure, e.g. by saying a particular invocation or repeating a certain act.

These are just my ideas, though, and I don't mean for this to be my working. Post away. Discuss. Scheme. I presented this idea to Joshua Hardee/Dr. Hellfire/Ashara Ungoyud and he suggests Tiamat, to go with the imagery of a dragon eating the sun. That can be a starting point, if you're all into it.

Given current group dynamics, I believe this would be best if it's not "political" - let's go back to what this group is about and give reality a kick that it will remember.

What sayeth you?

You have no idea how many Jesuses I are.

Nes

I'd love to take part in this. Tiamat is a great idea. But, I think multiple chaos serpents would be even better. Instead of one chaos serpent coming into the world and rending the veil, why not multiple ones? Like Níðhöggr, Jormungandr, Vritra, etc. this has the potential to be absolutely immense.

MoonMoon

Already have plans. Been planning since 2014. Prime time for fuckery and shenanigans and tomfoolery.
Stay colorful, my friends.

Rasafar

I think it's time to tear down the temple and rebuild on the old foundation. Should be able to come up with something.

Ringtail

Group working ideas:
1. Open gates, haunt areas, generally tend the veil along the path of the eclipse, uniting the worlds, etc.
2. Cause revelation/visionary experiences among viewers. There should be a uniting image that can be recognized when discussing with others. The LS perhaps, but a common entity/figure that can be made into legends/creepypastas etc. would've even better.
3. Awaken/empower forces that may be dormant/undernourished. In particular, there are quite a few national forests in the path and nature is taking a big hit right now.
I would think these should be tied to a group working/sigil but participants can/should also focus on a particular aspect or personal/localized goal.

And a sigil that's been proposed:

Questions:

Are there any places along the path that stick out to you, where we might want to have someone or something stationed?

What combined theme or image are we using? A sigil can link the workings as we've done the last several times. That seems to work well. But, we've done it the last several times, and for that reason alone I kind of want to change or expand the method. At least, I think the sigil should embody our shared goal or image, as opposed to just linking disparate workings. What are the actual actions that you're interested in taking? A spoken calling? A physical act? Meditate and do something astrally?

We need both commonality and variability, but - how do I word this - could we make it less like a bunch of people doing their own thing with a common thread, and more like doing the same thing but splintered, so that it's not actually the same? So that the structure of the working itself is an attack on sameness? Does that make any sense?

The image has been in my eyes of a perfectly flat, uniform plane, perhaps forming a mirror, but with a tiny inconsistency. A point where the plates don't exactly line up and can shift between distinct, but dissimilar placements, like a dislocated joint. The crack spreads in exactly the manner of a dinged windshield.

A multitude of chaos serpents sounds like a great idea for a shared image, and one that could be verified if other people start seeing it. Having many of them could, possibly, prevent any one of the forces from becoming a tyrant. Isn't that the point of Variety? The picture causes my mind, personally, to jump to pipelines - How do you counter a black snake? Set a bunch of *other* snakes loose across the land! Blue ones! Green ones! Pink ones! Hah!

My own work will likely involve an attempt to reawaken and re-empower the Wilderness, and simultaneously the Otherness. As a mythical beast, a dragon is an excellent symbol of that combination. And the idea of calling back the dragons is, well. Let's just say it rings personal.

too much ugly

I'm afraid the "Linking Sigil" "LS" - "Ellis" is not a sigil. It might be a standard, a logo, even an emblem, but none of these are sigils. "Link(ing) Sigil" is not something you would need or want a sigil for. There are numerous instructionals on how to create a sigil.  you will not find one from me, as it is against my religion to digitize it.

however, I will share that, like in D&D, a spell is forgotten upon casting. thus, sigils are destroyed upon - whatevs.

this would be a lovely tattoo. lots of fine lines. fine lines. forever. in the dermis. hv fn wth yr ms

namaste
if you wanted silence, you shouldn't have said anything.

Nes

I'm thinking, maybe have this group ritual be the same at parts. Like, have an evocation or two, a visualization, a sigil activation and visualization, and then a more personalized calling/evocation to the specific chaos serpent. Maybe the specific chaos serpent can have it's own evocation that everyone choosing to work with it can use. For example; one evocation group for leviathan, one for  Tiamat, one for Jormungandr, etc. The main goal of this would be to unleash them into the world so their chaos energies can destroy the veil, and to strengthen their presence and influence here. Holy shit, just imagine the effects of this if enough people get involved!

arjil

Too Much Ugly-  I'm afraid you are very incorrect.  Yes it Also serves a standard/logo function, but it is, in fact, a sigil.
sigil, technically, means symbol. 
And as far as sigils and their uses, there are more ways and means to their creation and application than you seem to be aware of.  The sparian variants are not the final word on the issue, and the LS was created using an alternate sigil theory, crossed with the notion of bindrune talismans, and good old sympathetic magick.
It is, in fact, something it is useful to have for a number of different occult applications, which you would be aware of if you'd read up on the creation, what it was for, and uses of it since we made the thing- I'd suggest "Liber LS" or the files section.
No, you don't have to forget spells.  Helps get around lust for result, but there are other ways around that.

Balefir Mellayne

So after the recent report I (Mark) am going to adjust the "feeding" I have been doing to make things a little less dark/Lovecraftian..  I'd still like to have some of that aspect, but I want to feed in more positive energy.  Oddly enough, I've been working on my "servitor wheel" which is going to be composed of a variety of serpent/coatl entities, so I can shift that draconic energy in there as well.  I like the entity of making serpents the uniting symbol in the visions we induce in onlookers.

I like the idea of a group goal but different people focusing on specific aspects.  I'm going to focus on Cerulean, KY (maximum eclipse).  Cerulean being the "color of a clear blue sky", located within Trigg (Trigag?) and Christian counties.  I can't physically make it there, but I will be starting to make physical connections by mailing sigils to random locations, with multiple mailings to arrive on or just before the 21st so there will be sigils on the site.

Ringtail

Four months to go to the eclipse. It looks like I'm still going to be on the west coast at that time, so I'll be doing it in Oregon with the locals. I have some invocations half written and tomorrow or Wednesday I start invoking the dragon aspect I plan to use for this thing.

Afaik, the other gathering in Cerulean, KY is still taking place at a cemetery coincidentally named Trigg's Furnace.

My skeletal ritual structure has three major invocations: first, a call to the primordial forces of nature and the dragon-potential in them, then to all worlds of myth and spirit and their dragon-potential, and finally to the tunneling khaos-wyrm and its crazy, permuting, halfbreed children, represented by the moon and its shadow.

I'll post more as it becomes stable enough to share.

Ringtail

After reaching out to the natural and supernatural forces and presenting an offering, I was able to contact the khaos-dragon-moon-monster on its pass by the sun. The space below and around the altar suddenly took on a dark, expansive feeling. I announced my recognition and asked what else we can do to prepare for its coming. The cards drawn were

Ten of wands
Page of cups
Page of pentacles

Which I read as a suggestion to use the intervening time well to pour more energy into the anticipation of this thing. Anyone is welcome to help with this of course, even if you can't come to the physical event. What else can we do during these lead up events? More smoke and libations? If I created a mantra and posted it, would anyone else use it? I don't have a drum, but maybe take a frying pan out at night and wake everyone up?

I think "ominous" is the feeling we're going for right now. Perhaps some warning flyers to spread around the community, or even go out on the streets with a costume and a sign warning people about the End?

Nes

Since we're going with Chaos Dragons, why not get in contact with as many of them as we can in the meentime? There are a lot of them, and they are powerful. Like, contact them, and ask for their assistance. Use the sigil for the ritual, and get them to connect to it. It doesn't just have to be well knows dragons like Leviathan. There are ones like the Hydra, Ladon, Behemoth, and even all the Grafvitnir who only Nidhogg and Jormungandr are really known about and worked with. This could be a way to boost the chaotic energies in this world, by offering a chance for chaos dragons who don't have as  much attention/influence in the world, a way to really energy and influence things.

Ringtail

That's a good idea. Do you know any resources for researching these guys?

Nes

That's the thing, there aren't very many resources on them. I know a lot of private/personal stuff goes on with lesser known entities like this. But I haven't found many actual sources. That's where I've found personal experiences and experiments are so important. The Hydra is a strong force. I managed to sync up to him by scrying into a picture of him like it was a sigil. I've done the same with the Mester Stoor Worm. There's a presence, but it's much more subtle. Nidhogg and Jormungandr have pretty strong followings in the Thursatru and Roknatru communities, so those would be good places to research them, and the Eddas. Though, I have found literally nothing about the other Grafvitr. They were only mentioned once, in a list in the Eddas, and everyone seems to ignore them. But they were called great serpents, just like Nidhogg and Jormungandr. I have a feeling Nidhogg would be willing to introduce practitioners to them. There's always the Slavic Veles, or the Vedic Vritra. Or, the biblical Red Dragon himelf. I've worked closely with Behemoth in the past. I can post the sigil he gave me here a little later. He'd be easier than the other lesser known serpents to contact. The anti-cosmics have a bunch of writings and rituals regarding Chaos serpents too.

Ringtail

Goal:
To link Nature (life and matter) to Magick (input from other realities, or directly from Khaos) through the symbol of the dragon. Emphasis is on the dragon as a mythical beast, used interchangeably with the serpent as an emblem of envenomation and transformation. Success would mean a great cut-and-stitch between this reality and others, expressed by an increase in magic everywhere, particularly in those areas where the wild lifeforce reigns – that is, everywhere but the blandest parts of the CR, which will come under further strain and assault. Widespread visions and synchronicities related to snakes and dragons are anticipated... some have already occurred.

Mechanism:

(This isn't a sigil, just a diagram)

The sun is conceptualized as the Apollonian source of mundane reality, overpowering the stars which project alternative realities. The Vision of Tiamat - the Chaos wyrm tunneling through the worlds and across the sky – is the LS, identified with the moon, which is a lens of sorts projected through Aelie by an unknown source of power which is the collective will and magick of the web. The lens moves to eclipse the sun, instead becoming a portal for the influence of the other. The beam of shadowlight which streams through this portal is identified with Montangesav, and takes the form of a swarm of magical serpents which break through the portal, streaming both ways between the dragon-shaped energy of this world – Kundalini – and that of the otherworlds. These many snakes are associated with the phenomenon of shadow bands. Every inch of space and every living thing that the shadow stream touches will be hit with a draconic octarine firebolt that attempts to entwine their very lifeforce with magick. The snakes' bodies solidify bridges between Here and There, running along the lines already defined by the connections of the web.

We hope for there to be multiple people/groups doing rituals with a similar intention and concept along the path of the shadow, so it will encounter our message in repetition.

Clarification of some terms:
(As much as they can be clarified, based on existing knowledge)

Aelie - If each linking sigil is a crack in everyday reality, Aelie is the aspect of the web that grows into those cracks, widening them and promoting change. I understand it/her as the connective body of the web, a kind of alien plant thing transporting magick like sap. Kind of Ellis and kind of not. It is Alive, invasive and charges the hell out of everything she touches. It was the focus of my work on last year's Chelseanacht.

Montangesav - The "black queen" that was encountered earlier this spring. She's expressed herself in visions as an enormous dark world serpent, and for this and other reasons, we believe that her appearance at this time is in relation to this working. The common perception that people get from her is of an increase in gravity and a sense of everything kind of pulling together. Thus, our theory is that she is the web attempting to materialize on denser planes of existence. We plan to do some divinatory work to better understand her part in this.

Sigils:

This is the connection sigil for linking works across distance:

This is a programming sigil for the operation:

I have a painted version which combines the two sigils by placing the first in the center of the second, and moving the LS down into the chaostar. This will be the centerpoint of our ritual in Oregon.

Plans:

Next move is to perform a rite on the upcoming new moon to solidify and express this structure, and then do divination to gather more information and move threads as needed. After that, I'll be working to deepen contact with the powers involved, specifically Tiamat, Montangesav, Aelie, Kundalini and the dragon/serpent spirit itself. I have a lot of free time at the moment, so I'm going to gun this.

There will be a working done on the next full moon too as final preparation. It will center around visually projecting the LS on the moon, and everyone is welcome to join.