News:

Insert expletive here!

Main Menu

Introspection

Started by OmniZero, December 20, 2013, 12:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OmniZero

I have a challenge for you; take it or leave it. It's "simple". Just answer these questions as "honest" as you can.

1. Who are you? This is meant to be a poignant question. Really, who are you? Try to cut to the bone here. If you are going to spurt out "I'm Joe Sellis, the wizard from Arkansas. I like cats, date my birlfriend (not a typo) Jelly Snider, and I want to be an author. I like walks on the beach and... you get the dribble. Answer deeper. If not whom, then what?

2. What is your purpose? Do you have a purpose? Do you wander about life picking and choosing simply by gut feeling with no higher purposes to your actions? Or are you someone who has come to define yourself by the actions you choose to take, and the thoughts you rationalize? Do you even care about purpose? Or do you have no compass, no direction? Are we naught but children choosing what "feels good" at the time, or is there a deeper level of thinking behind your processes?

3. What is this? This here now. No not the computer, and stuff you are reading. Not DKMU, but this existence. What IS it? WHAT THE FUCK MAN!? I JUST DON'T KNOW IT'S KILLING ME! Or do you not care? Have you provided it no thought? Or has it simply never crossed your mind? Have you dedicated hours of work to it, trying to chart out a semblance of reasons as to why we exist at all even?

4. What do you REALLY want? Not an Xbox, or a Car. Not fleeting entertainment. Dig deeper. If you could hedge out something you want more than anything else, what could it be? What is at the true center of your desires that motivates your conscious and subconscious habits? Dig deep. This is all being asked just to put you thinking introspectively.

Clamor in people.

thief_and_a_liar

These questions can not be answered once and for all, but are useful now and then when wondering what I am doing, or where I am heading. So the answer to these questions may vary several times during a day.

Right now I am a level 16 firemage in World of Warcraft. My purpose is to level 4 times so I can get a horse. This existence is pure entertainment. What I really want is to pass the time until I go to this family dinner later today.

-thief

[edited for better english. I now got the horse btw]