News:

Insert expletive here!

Main Menu

Assault on Oaths

Started by oathist, March 12, 2017, 01:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arjil

I understand Why you hold that view, but it you are misunderstanding the nuts and bolts mechanics of the sigil itself.   
It functioned that way Before there was even a servitor level consciousness within it.
The "spin" on effects happen because that was a base enchantment component within the sigil itself- and was consistently observed before Ellis was a thing. 
In the early days of the sigil, before we managed to get a lot of sources of resonant input, any new resonance or working connected through the sigil had a significant impact on what you'd get out of it.   It was a noticable change.  (which is why I spend so much time harnessing sources, to overwhelm or dilute the nastier resonances attached to it so we didn't get fucked up by "spiritual radiation".  There was a while there this thing was sketchy as fuck and unhealthy)

Now, things are more stable, and any particular resonant input doesn't have much overall impact on the internal mix.
No, filtering doesn't fuck with Ellis at all, because she isn't the sigil, or the web.   If she chooses to put her two bits in (invited or no), it doesn't matter a good goddamn if you filtered it or not, and that's a whole different ball of wax than if you're just drawing on the web. Her backspin is a whole other sort of thing and it is obvious when she gets involved.
But the function and tendencies of the LS sigil, apart from her, has remained consistent since it was made if you know what you're looking at. 
And I'm not just talking out my ass here- this comes from 13 years of experimentation and observation that lines up with the experience of hundreds of other people. 
We didn't just "Decide" what this thing was going to do and how it all was "supposed to" work, and I have had to alter my assumptions on the matter many times as new data and tendency arose.
This tangent you're on, does not fit with the data nor the tendencies over time.
That's not how this works. 

Moon1ight

Ahavah Ain Soph made a song about this topic ("Free El[l]is on your own and beg for mercy") https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyMfJKc4_14  8)  Amazing work! To my taste, it becomes really good at about 1:06  :)
"The Assault on Reality lives in you.
This is what you were born to do." -Ahavah Ain Soph

"As far as what I think the DKMU is? It's a promise to never stop fighting against mundanity, to always be injecting the weird into the world" - Timothy Buell

"Put in the work! :)" - Geri