News:

Insert expletive here!

Main Menu

Book Club Study

Started by Vortex7, June 22, 2017, 11:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vortex7

I want to start a book club study once or twice a week,

The format would be each person takes a turn reading out loud from a chapter, the rest of the group takes notes.
After the reading is done we talk about what we got out of it from our notes.

This would be done through google hangouts. I want to start off with the book I am already into Mysiticism: Initiation and Dream By Andrew Chumbley

I have the pdf available to anyone who needs it.

Comment here or talk to me in IRC if interested.

156/663
DTTI : HTNF
AUTM : IUTW

Branch Out...

Ahavah Ain Soph

Roni Jean

That sounds cool, I'd be interested when I have time

Vortex7

Honestly everyone should write out when they are available I wouldn't even mind running two of them since I don't have to work.

Let me know what times and days are the best for you to have about an hour free.

156/663

DTTI : HTNF
AUTM : IUTW

Branch out...

JayONI

I work alot and can do anything between my 8 hour shift to a 14 hour shift.

Im interested but because my availability is unstable i'd just work around the group as best as I could. I am never free any early than 5:00PM EST M-F

Mason

I am totally down for this.

Vortex7

I'll take note of your times Jay and try to put something together including you. I don't work so I am probably going to put two max 3 groups together. Mason and Roni I need to know what times are good for you.

Vortex7

also here is a direct link to share whereever for the group to plan hangouts times.

if you show up and it is dead just comment the best times and dates for about an hour and i'll regularly check the logs.

http://widget00.mibbit.com/?settings=403fbc0608a54159a28d0e50b9041354&server=irc.hypersigil.org&channel=%23bookclub&noServerTab=false&autoConnect=true&nick=oistar_?????

Moon1ight

Hi folks :)

This sounds like a good idea. I might not be able to make it because of 9 hours difference to Pacific Time, though :D But I'll post my times anyway. I'm on CEST (Central Eurpean Summer time) or CET (Central European time).

You can compare your time with other timezones and see which times are which with this handy tool Branch showed me: https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?pl=1&lid=2912621,8,5128581&h=2912621 This link already had US-East Coast, West-Coast and Germany selected, but you can add other places too.

During the week, I could spend an evening (any evening I think) from 19.00, for maybe two hours. That is 10 a.m. in Pacific time. I don't see how anyone has time at 10 in the morning during the week, but who knows ;)

On weekend, I'm only really free on sundays. Here I could take some hours anywhere from 9 am to 9 pm really, though probably not every week. This is from midnight to midday 12.00 pacific time. That's more reasonable. Like 19-21 for me would be 10am-12am for you.

Edit: I can also do 20.30-22 on saturday, which is 11.30am-13 am pacific.

Let's see if we find something :)
"The Assault on Reality lives in you.
This is what you were born to do." -Ahavah Ain Soph

"As far as what I think the DKMU is? It's a promise to never stop fighting against mundanity, to always be injecting the weird into the world" - Timothy Buell

"Put in the work! :)" - Geri

Vortex7

moon1ight how does noon on Saturdays pacific standard time work for you? I think we agreed it could be done on skype the other day.

I was thinking this is the best time for me to get people for the first trial run to see how it goes.

Also anyone interested can contact me on hangouts or skype. I'll be in the bookclub irc listed above from now on although I am staying out of regular chat until I catch up on some other projects until wednesday or later.

Moon1ight

That would seem to be 21.00 for me, which on a saturday is okay. Let's try  :)

"As far as what I think the DKMU is? It's a promise to never stop fighting against mundanity, to always be injecting the weird into the world" - Timothy Buell

JayONI

If you could do it on a Saturday or Sunday that time would work fine for me. Otherwise i'd be at work although if im the odd man out don't bend over backwards to fit me in.

Vortex7

jay yeah that's noon Pacific Time on Saturday's. just join the bookclub irc when you have time so I can get your skype info and link a pdf.

Moon1ight

Let me make that a bit more readable  8)

The first Book Club Meeting is at 12.00 (pm) (i.e. noon) Pacific Time on Saturday 30th June.

This corresponds to 15.00 (3 pm) EDT (New York) and 21.00 (9pm) CEST (Central Europe)

Meet at the #bookclub channel on the hypersigil irc. When you're in the normal channel, you can just type "/join #bookclub" in the chat. Or you can go there directly: Link

The meeting will take place via Skype.

Vortex7

LOL thanks moon1ight!!!