News:

Insert expletive here!

Main Menu

Let's expand that network

Started by Oistar Polaris, June 22, 2017, 11:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oistar Polaris

The aims of expanding our L.S. network, our "magick internet", if you will, are to "awaken" areas that seem magical or powerful, transfer and collect energy, and add a splash of chaos to people's lives. But currently, too many sites of great power are being ignored. Too many people can't access the powers of the network. Too much energy is going untapped. Too many people have never seen or heard anything about us in their entire lives. Look at the map, and you'll find that other than a few scattered spots in India, the vast majority of the world's linking sigils are in America and Europe.
https://www.dkmu.org/lsmap/
We could be doing a lot: tapping into religious fervor in Jerusalem and Varanasi, surprising and intriguing workers in Chinese cities, allowing Middle Easterners to access the power of the network to make positive changes in the fates of their countries. According to our map, the whole continent of Africa has not one LS, and if it does, it's not on the map. That's extremely disappointing.
If any of you are going on vacation anywhere, remember to expand the network. Scrawl our sigil wherever your travels take you, because every mark we leave is another dose of magic into a sometimes drab and oppressive reality, another source of power for our workings, and another opportunity to bring new chaotes into the fold. Keep updating the map!
"Nonsense? Nonsense is how we roll!"

Ringtail

Someone tagged Giza a year or so ago, so that's at least one in Africa.

You have no idea how many Jesuses I are.

Moon1ight

We have an LS on a paper in the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem  8)  and also one in the very north of Israel. Be certain that I don't travel anywhere without my stickers and pens.

Edit: Just so you know, there are literally hundreds, if not thousands of LS-tags which are not on that map. I think it contains only a small fraction. I myself have dozens for sure which are not there. And I'm only one.
"The Assault on Reality lives in you.
This is what you were born to do." -Ahavah Ain Soph

"As far as what I think the DKMU is? It's a promise to never stop fighting against mundanity, to always be injecting the weird into the world" - Timothy Buell

"Put in the work! :)" - Geri

Oistar Polaris

You know, it is foolish of me to think that the ones on the map are the only ones out there. But we have to mark the map; it's the only way to really gauge our network's power.

Vortex7

using the map marks and volume seems like a way to just trick oneself into believing in power.

Why not try getting people to  tap into the network and affecting areas already tagged with specific intent?
that would then prove the effectiveness of the web and imply that it is indeed powerful. Either way magical experiments seem like a more valid measure of actual effectiveness than marks on a map...

Oistar Polaris

It's good to know which areas already connect into the network, so one can find the magickal "hotspots" of power.