News:

Insert expletive here!

Main Menu

Death to the Image...

Started by Vortex7, July 03, 2017, 07:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vortex7

I'm finally over the ideal of waving this postmodernist banner of an amorphous aspiration with no consistent basis, method, or goal in mind but to vaguely "assault reality".  I mean it sounds cool, but the glamour can only be held for so long until you realize you're the edge-lord equivalent of some fanatic vandalizing buildings with prayers.

Peace out shitheels, I'm about to go do some of that thing you detest, you know, actual work...

Moon1ight

The account that wrote this is deleted... and I don't guess that this is the real Branch. Branch, are you here :) ?

Edit: Ehem  :( It is his real account -- the one he wrote all his posts under. That is really confusing, given that he just started a bookclub etc. Does anyone know anything?
"The Assault on Reality lives in you.
This is what you were born to do." -Ahavah Ain Soph

"As far as what I think the DKMU is? It's a promise to never stop fighting against mundanity, to always be injecting the weird into the world" - Timothy Buell

"Put in the work! :)" - Geri

Ringtail

https://avecthonos.wordpress.com/

I read this and felt a long reply coming on, but now that I'm back to my computer I don't know what I planned to say. I typed some stuff but it was rambling and kind of all over the place. I'll try to get to the point.

"Unfortunately my incredibly extensive use of narcotics, extremely powerful initiatic experiences, and camaraderie with a lot of these people blinded me to how ultimately useless and full of shit the majority was."

That's just the thing. I've waded through so, so much bullshit in my short life in search of crazy diamonds, I've developed a highly effective filter for it all. It's so effective that I barely notice all the immaturity that Branch lists in that link. I know it's there, but I think I must have a mistaken estimate of how rampant it really is. I notice the posts that I find cool and valuable, above all I see and feel the dream of the current itself, and the rest I just kind of brush past. Honestly, I don't know how this isn't the case for the rest of you.

So it doesn't matter to me how many immature assholes fill this place up. Give me five sincere mages working in a coordinated way and that's enough to wage a guerilla reality war. How many people are here that you want to work with? Those are the ones to pay attention to.

(Vague? The goals have never been vague to me, and if politics is "activities associated with the governance of a country", it's never been that either, unless maybe there's some overlap with the rejection of said governance. I think the phrasing can be confusing, as it's really, imo, an assault on insubstantia – the dehumanization, objectification, and de-animation of the world of enfleshed dreams, the real world, which when seen properly is Wonderland itself. Calling the grey monolith Reality is a response to years of being told that it is so, that "This is reality, grow up and deal with it," while my soul screams that no, it is not.

I'm pretty sure I woke up a fucking dragon just in this past week. And I think the LS must have helped. It is Alive, it is Working. It flows in me, around me, and through me. Its objectives and how to go about them are crystal clear.)

To cut a long(er) post short(er), I think DKMU is way too big to be a singular entity, if it ever was one. Every once in a while someone brings up the idea of affinity groups or terrorist cells, and it seems obvious to me, that's how dkmu should run. The only alternatives are to be swamped by lowest common denominator chan spam, or go the route of trying to define the AoR and draw boundaries around it, which of course would kill it fast and hard.

The groundwork is already there. Even within the network itself, there are, I hear, different frequencies corresponding to different styles. Like a mitosing cell with its DNA already split, although there's no outward sign. If everyone's fed up with everyone else, why can't there be multiple dkmus? Whitelighter cells, blackdarker cells, if the facebook shitlords want a CMG-style garbage heap that also bears the mark(s) of dkmu – fuck it, let 'em have it, I say! Let the LS and her friends spread to fill all culture, truly set them free from uniformity. When something exists on both sides of a battlefield, it has become a part of reality.

Some time ago I sat at a three-way fork in a forest path, snacking on sandwich crackers. Out of courtesy and invitation I threw bits to the three directions, and then to a fourth, where an invisible pathway led out from the top of the T away into the bushes. When I did this, I felt a fourth energetic pathway open, and the dynamic of the place shifted to that of an X. But I'd kind of aimed wrong, and these roads weren't lining up quite right with the physical roads. One branch of the path didn't actually have a channel above it at all. "What the hell," I said to myself. "Hail Discordia!" and I chucked a cracker toward the remaining path, opening up a fifth channel. "Now you've done it," said the guardian of the intersection, with unconcerned humor. I gazed into the peripheral, where I saw and felt the five threads struggling and pulling at each other in a high-energy stalemate. The situation wobbled this way for a moment, and then collapsed outward to fill space, the crossings spreading away from each other until they came to rest in a kind of roundabout consisting only of three- and four-way connections. The geometry stabilized and the flow continued smoothly.

I don't know how to help this process along. The Discordians had their cabals and that seemed to work pretty well. I guess those of you still on facebook could make more side groups, but that doesn't seem very... organic, and fuck facebook anyway. I think I'd just like to encourage everyone to build up your own webs with the people you want in them. It doesn't fucking matter what everyone else is doing. I think Branch has a particular idea of what DKMU means, since he lived one style of it for so long, and now he's trying to jettison all aspects of his life that are associated with that. But the current can be many different things, hell, it already is. Can't we all just do what we want to do with it, and screw the rest?

Condemn the name if you have to. Tell the people you don't like why they suck, and then ignore them; there's more than enough room on the internet for us to not have to interact with certain people. But just... keep connecting, and keep fighting. There is no "direction this whole thing is going" about which to worry, because it's not a ship that turns one way or the other, it's a fleet that can split and rejoin at will.

HTNF!

You have no idea how many Jesuses I are.

Moon1ight

"I notice the posts that I find cool and valuable, above all I see and feel the dream of the current itself, and the rest I just kind of brush past."

This perfectly summarises my view -- Thanks, Ringtail! Let me also repost what I wrote in FB:
"We'll see if he'll return. I miss him too, but wish him all the best no matter what
(I will say that I disagree with many of his complaints though. I found a lot of help, inspiration and just good times in the DKMU and don't see why he focusses so strongly on the negative...)
Sheosyrath expressed it quite well recently: "What is the "assault on reality" and when does it end? But then again, that was never the purpose of the group.. it was just a project which had no end. The purpose was something along the lines of a social group based on active people who wanted magickal innovation in practical application, like with daily life/work/art and beyond.""
"The Assault on Reality lives in you.
This is what you were born to do." -Ahavah Ain Soph

"As far as what I think the DKMU is? It's a promise to never stop fighting against mundanity, to always be injecting the weird into the world" - Timothy Buell

"Put in the work! :)" - Geri