News:

Insert expletive here!

Main Menu

Chelseanacht 2017 planning thread

Started by Ringtail, June 23, 2017, 06:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringtail

(Has this thread been made yet? I can't find it.)

The people who have spoken up wanting to be involved are as follows:
Ahavah and Alice: are sequestered in Hawaii, so whatever work they do will be distance.
Freyja: is around Portland last I checked, and will want to participate, but they need to come online between now and then to gear where and when it's happening.
Sei and Isidore: might be coming on from Cali. Otherwise we'd be doing the rite over Hangouts.
Branch: says that he's going camping for a "working against the grand memetic parasite" from the 15-17th and has invited us to come, is that right? Says he has a tent for four people. I also have a two person tent and a tarp. Only thing we'd have to figure out is how to reconcile this with people trying to work in from a distance. We couldn't do hangouts if we're in the woods.
I'm also going on a camping trip for a week or two between now and then, if I can get a couple supplies together. I would leave on the first or shortly after and be back by the fourteenth, probably earlier. But I won't be able to help with planning while I'm out there.

As for the rite, we have the seige engines that Ahavah's been drawing up, and the mirror shard LSes planted in cities around the US. If there's more prepared than that, I don't know about it. If we go camping with Branch, maybe we could blend it into the thing he's doing? There's also the eclipse rite coming up a month after, so we could do something with that.

You have no idea how many Jesuses I are.

Vortex7

Definitely what is going on with me. I can see about hosting a few people leading up to the time but my muggle wife won't want a lot of people over after talking to her about  it. I am down to merge workings or have them worked consecutively more than likely. Either that the day of I can move to a different area and do  mine solo. As far as worrying about hangouts in the woods, if you folks use world time buddy, you can coordinate times to work simultaneously with Ahavah and Alice 

https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

I can help out with food. I have tons of really good canned chili and salmon that are leftover from my transition to vegetarianism and I can buy whatever else we might need, food, water, coffee etc... And  I can help with gas money if Ringtail needs to haul people around or if someone ends up driving up this way.

Seisatsu

If I can make it out to Portland, I also have a four person tent which could be utilized, so there won't be housing issues if we go camping with Branch. Ahavah invited me to help out with his mirror shard project so I'll be working on that before the Chelseanacht.

Izumi "Darkwave" Izayoi

So are some of us staying in tents overnight? And do we expect not to have reception in the woods?

Vortex7

I'll be going to whichever camp site we choose to have it at a few days before I can bring two people with me. I need a few days to prep the area I will be using and set it up

Depending on where we are and what service provider we have it's likely not to have service.

I will ask some people who know washington best what  areas are great for this kind of thing, Ringtail if you have any options let me know...

Izumi "Darkwave" Izayoi

Branch are you spending the night in the tent the whole night of the working?

Vortex7

Oh ok, depending on when people can or have to be back around this time. I was planning on staying at a camp site for the 15th, 16th and 17th. If anyone wanted to stay the last day then we could stay that night too. I was going to be doing it solo anyways.

Oistar Polaris

Can't be there, but I'd love to lend my energy however I can. Send me some instructions.
"Nonsense? Nonsense is how we roll!"

Izumi "Darkwave" Izayoi

Staying outside might be good for me for my Gate 0 AAO stuff so I might join you if thats fine. The only exception to the media fasting would be as media pertains to arranging this event.

Vortex7

It doesn't have to be so rigid, the circle 0 that is. It's merely the removal of enough distraction to be mindful and reset. And yeah that would be awesome if you were there!!!

Ringtail

Izumi, are you the same person as Isidore?

Branch, you wanted to do this camping in Washington? How much privacy are you looking for? One place comes to mind is Rialto beach, which was pretty empty (and awesome) in the evening when I went there last spring. But the campsite itself in a public place with other campers. Right now I'm waiting for my discover pass in the mail, which would let me camp on any of the state lands, put it only applies to one car at a time. For my personal trip, I'm going to pick a trailhead and hike in for a day or two to make sure I get away from people. But I'm specifically going for isolation there, we we don't need to be as strict on with this.

Ringtail

I sail at first light. Be back around the 12th and we can finalize plans. Anything* you guys come up with in the mean time I'll be down for.

*Try me.

Seisatsu

Do we have a definitive answer yet for where the camp is and who will be there?

Ringtail

So, Branch isn't participating. Sei and Isidore, do you still want to do this? Location isn't difficult. We can drive up any national forest road (as opposed to state park or national park or something else) and camp for free as long as its not near a developed trailhead. As for time, there something I'd kind of like to go to on the night of the 14th, otherwise I have literally nowhere else to be.

Ahavah, we need to discuss the rite asap. Text me if you have my number or find me on irc.

Izumi "Darkwave" Izayoi

I am the same person as Isidore, so we ended up not having anywhere to sleep when Branch dipped. What all is everyone actually doing in Oregon anyways? I'll be setting up the shards with Sei and a local marauder we discovered.

Quote from: Ringtail on July 10, 2017, 09:29:26 PM
So, Branch isn't participating. Sei and Isidore, do you still want to do this? Location isn't difficult. We can drive up any national forest road (as opposed to state park or national park or something else) and camp for free as long as its not near a developed trailhead. As for time, there something I'd kind of like to go to on the night of the 14th, otherwise I have literally nowhere else to be.

Ahavah, we need to discuss the rite asap. Text me if you have my number or find me on irc.