News:

Insert expletive here!

Main Menu

The Gateway to Fear

Started by Alarum, June 14, 2013, 08:02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alarum

I paint and create Gates to regions of my psyche that I have encountered as spiritual entities in dreams. This is one of the Great Old Ones that represents absolute, unbridled terror. I first met this entity when I began my magical practice about 10 years ago. The entity manifested in my waking state and had a profound impact on my view of reality. I can honestly say that it changed the course of my life.

The system goes as follows:

Create a sigil designed to meet an aspect of yourself while dreaming.
Once contact has been made and verified then create a representation of said entity on canvas / paper / clay.
Enter the desired state of gnosis in a ritual setting and summon forth the entity.
To fully control the entity, request its name, hidden / secret / or True Name, and a Gate.
The Gate is a symbol the entity will transmit to you (probably during a dream) which will allow you to summon it forth again, or for you to travel to its realm in the Astral or Dream state.

Practical work may then take place via subsequent evocations. If you have any area of your psyche you wish to balance or improve then preform this formula.

Drakonach

So this thing looks as a what if Ellis and Cthulhu had a love child.. Just my take on it. Cool in my book..  ;D

Alarum

I would be very interested to know if anyone else here has experimented with a similar technique. 

Svipal

I have personified my psyche into beings so i can better deal with them, but usually in a less grim tone. Maybe aspects related to zalty like success and abundance, direction, will, etc.

Alarum

Quote from: Svipal on June 17, 2013, 07:59:13 AM
I have personified my psyche into beings so i can better deal with them, but usually in a less grim tone. Maybe aspects related to zalty like success and abundance, direction, will, etc.

Fear is just an example, I aim for balance so working with positive and negative energies is necessary.

Are your operating procedures similar or do you use other methods?

Svipal

I would say i use similar methods, but different for sure. I use eight general archetypes for most of my work, and this is something like a template i've used for mapping my psyche. I do express/personify them into intelligent forms generally for ease of communication and use, and i do connect with them via some sort of sigil typically.

Alarum

I am interested in exactly the same goal, using an eight archetype model to fully represent my internal landscape. I have always been interested in spiders as magickal entities, years before I even knew of Chaos Magick. They have always seemed to be messengers for me. Do you use the standard eight concepts from Carroll's Liber Kaos or have you formulated your own?
I am using a template of A.O. Spares Alphabet of Desire to create a model of my psyche. Using the opposites such as Fear/Terror = Joy/Attraction and Sex = Death. The above entity represents Terror.

Svipal

That's very interesting, I have read liber kaos but it's been a year or two. I will revisit it to see what you are talking about as it may be very useful!! I am familiar with the alphabet of desire, i think your application is very experimental awesomeness of you. The gate evokes fear and uncertainty for sure.