News:

Insert expletive here!

Main Menu

I think I just had my kundalini awaken... What now?

Started by Oistar Polaris, June 25, 2017, 08:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oistar Polaris

Pardon me if this is a bit new-agey, but it's occult-related, and I figure I could get some advice here.

So as I'm reading the wikipedia article on kundalini, I just start to spontaneously meditate. I feel heat rising up my back, and I start to breath in a controlled rhythm. I start to stop thinking. I started to see white lights moving around when I closed my eyes, and my neck gradually contorted back. The energy never went all the way up to the head, because I stopped halfway through and couldn't really maintain it when I resumed, but I know I achieved some kind of gnosis.

What now? Should I try again and see if I can achieve full activation? I can use gnosis like this to charge sigils, right? And is this chakra stuff applicable in chaos magick in any way?
"Nonsense? Nonsense is how we roll!"

Ringtail

What now?
Up to you.

Should I try again and see if I can achieve full activation?
Speaking as one who hasn't achieved activation, despite attempts, my inclination is to say "of course, and damn the consequences!" However, that would clash with the advice from forums that deal with this specifically, where the strong consensus is that you're likely to fuck yourself up if you don't have a good teacher. So you could take their advice and seek out a guru, but these same people come off to me as more than a bit elitist. Some people I've talked to had the awakening happen with no pain or difficulty at all; it depends on a lot of personal factors and also the speed of the event (anywhere from a few seconds to many years). If you're like me and you trust your spirit with its own development more than the intervention of someone billing themselves as a guru, you could either just do it and let Kundalini guide you, or find some books to read about it and go from there.

I can use gnosis like this to charge sigils, right?
I have no idea. People use it to charge sigils, for sure, but I guess you better try and see if you're one of those people. Friends have told me that in their world, Kundalini is the magical energy, and the awakening is just letting it flow through you more freely. In any case, it will definitely make your workings more powerful.

And is this stuff applicable in chaos magick in any way?
Everything is applicable in chaos magick.

You have no idea how many Jesuses I are.

Oistar Polaris

Thanks Ringtail, I appreciate the advice. I'll come up with some way to work it into my workings.
"Nonsense? Nonsense is how we roll!"

Moon1ight

Wow,  Ringtail... ;D I thought about what I'd answer after reading the questions, and it's almost the same  :)

1. Try to achieve full activation if you intuitively feel it's desirable. It's certainly not a duty, a magickal necessity etc. (at least from my Chaos Magic perspective). But if it feels right, why not? (I'd also consult my Tarot Deck, ask what it suggests me to consider about that. I would not ask it to make the decision for me though)

2. If you feel that this Gnosis has to do with magic, then you can probably charge sigils with it. Let me quote some Arjil:

"any method that you think should work, should do it.
the basic components are Intent, and some act that means *magick* to you.
[...]
Really, it doesn't much matter What you do to make the magick work, only that you do something that you can believe in.
If you were a witch, say, and you were going to cast this spell, what would you do, if you had magick at your fingertips? - Imagine.

now Do That, and mean it.
believe in it." ( https://www.dkmu.org/forum/index.php?topic=380.0 second post. "2.1" in the first post might also be interesting in this regard)

3. Yeah, you can use this as a model, sure :) As Ringtail says, everything is applicable. Chaos Magic will, in my view, merely tell you not to "take it for 100% metaphysical truth that everyone else also must believe in or be a fool". But for yourself, you can use whatever helps you :)

Khaos provides :)
"The Assault on Reality lives in you.
This is what you were born to do." -Ahavah Ain Soph

"As far as what I think the DKMU is? It's a promise to never stop fighting against mundanity, to always be injecting the weird into the world" - Timothy Buell

"Put in the work! :)" - Geri