News:

Insert expletive here!

Main Menu

Halloween brainstorming

Started by Carthor, October 10, 2017, 04:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthor

This is my first post on the forums so far, its good to be here, recently ive been a little more active in the IRC and facebook, and now here!
Now down to business, Halloween is just three weeks away, which I believe is more than enough time to plan a large group working. Halloween is a perfect night for DKMU projects, the veil is thinnest, and best of all everyone thinks the veil is thinnest. Halloween this year is on a Tuesday, associated with Mars and the color scarlet which works out well for Ellis. I would like to see this go somewhere in the direction of infusing Ellis with all the spooky ghost stuff that normally goes on.
What do you all think?

Moon1ight

Sounds interesting :) Welcome to the Forum!

You might find some inspiration in 2014's Halloween material https://www.dkmu.org/forum/index.php?topic=140.15

I personally am not a very calendarial person and don't really connect to "special dates" -- I try to make every "normal" day good and magickal :) So I'm not really the right person to answer here. However, the day before I plan to be in Munich and hopefully get us a tag or two there ;)

I might find some semi-hidden wooded spot close to the river and make a little ritual with some candles, charge some sigils that way. Maybe get a Black Robe, so that if anyone sees me it will be taken as fun? :) I begin to like where this is going. Basically Halloween as "Night of Public Magick".

Edit: On Facebook, Frater Alysyrose posted this Sigil:

He says: "Sigil for lifting the veil. Halloween 2017."

Edit2: Here's a link to a square version I created. That's easier to print on the public photo-printers we have in some shops: https://s1.postimg.org/1cencmam8v/Lift_The_Veil_Square.jpg

Edit3: Multiple coloured versions were created by the awesome folks :) You can find them in the Halloween-Thread if you're in the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/DomusKaoticaMarauderUnderground/permalink/1838190526210708/
"The Assault on Reality lives in you.
This is what you were born to do." -Ahavah Ain Soph

"As far as what I think the DKMU is? It's a promise to never stop fighting against mundanity, to always be injecting the weird into the world" - Timothy Buell

"Put in the work! :)" - Geri

Ringtail

Some ideas that my house has been considering:

1. Don black robes, go trick or treating to collect offerings and snacks
2. Paint squares of flat plywood to make sigil plates, like little mini altars that can be left around. We might hook them together to be like a convenient teleport grid for wandering spirits, with candy nearby for sustenance, and probably incorporate the LS.
3. Summon the ghosts of ancestral magicians and ask them for advice, omens, etc. One idea was to auto-write messages and then tie them to balloons and let them fly to reach their intended target. I kind of wanted to give them access to the internet somehow, but I don't know how I would do it, unless I could get in enough of a trance to let them speak through me onto here or one of the facebooks.

Moonlight, I can see what Roommates think of doing our summoning ritual in public. That seems to happen anyway... But these aren't hard plans yet.

You have no idea how many Jesuses I are.

Moon1ight

Today I found a nice little spot for the ritual.  :) 
It in a small wooded part of a nearby park and some folks apparently wanted to build something there, so there are wooden (My english breaks down :D) stillages? palletes? [Those wooden things which fork-lifters lift with stuff on it :D] lying around, so I can build a makeshift table to put the candles and the photo on.

Obviously, the place needs some preparation :D :

Since tonight the veil is thinnest
We will make the Magick rise
Show the world variety's wonder
Make the truth clear to all eyes

"As far as what I think the DKMU is? It's a promise to never stop fighting against mundanity, to always be injecting the weird into the world" - Timothy Buell

Dalabrac

I'm gonna be frolicking about dressed as an Antifa protester with a sign that says "Emasculate the Proletariat" on one side and a big LS on the other. The phrase will (hopefully) catch people's attention and elicit an emotional response, charging the sigil and screwing with reality in the process. Plus it'll be a good fun joke for smoky ol' me.
It's not the right time to be sober,
'Cause now the idiots have taken over.

Emasculate The Proletariat

Moon1ight

The Deed is done :) Today I performed a little ritual to Lift the Veil.

The Intent was threefold:

1. Raise the Level of Magick in the World. I reread the beginning of the old Ellis pdf today and Arjil writes "The only point of the linking sigil is to form a magick net, all working to increase the levels of magick in the world, like a
giant spell that evolves and grows each time we add to it till eventually. " -- I don't want to forget that part :)
2. Empower Ellis and the LS-Network, thereby also making the Magick of those who work with Ellis stronger (because I <3 DKMU and Ellis, what to say :) )
3. Ensure that my life is going well in general (I add this intent to all my magickal work to prevent the "Your spell for money killed a family member so now you can inherit... but aren't happy"-failure mode)

I dressed up in a black hooded cloak (over my usual black wardrobe :D ) and went to the prepared spot. There I spread around half a bag of peanuts to all the Ravens and Crows who'll see the place in daylight, and prepared a very makeshift "altar" from the stuff that was lying around. Then I set up everything and took pictures :D

Then came the actual Magick. I am quite tired from yesterday's travel, but managed to get into somewhat of the right mental state to push Energy into those intents. Intoned the prepared verses and just stood there, focusing on the "feeling of Magick". This does work better when I'm sitting at home then when outside -- my mind wanders to much... need more meditation, what to say. But still, I liked it and hope it will help, if only a bit :) 

As a bonus, I left the Sigil (who's backside you see below and which I took from the DKMU-FB) and the candles in the glasses there (I'll go check this Friday and take it all home if it's still there). The glasses are each marked with one of the 4 alchemical elemental triangles :)

"Magick is your Birthright" I have from Alysyrose in Liber LS.
That link goes straight to occultcorpus.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27491-direct-manipulation-class/ hehe :)
Just imagine someone finding this 8) and it's not far from a frequented path...

Ringtail

That's a cool altar cloth thing you have in the photo.

Occasionally I also leave urls in my glitterbombs. As opposed to just throwing LS into their life and "good luck, hope you figure it out". One of the most difficult things in glamourbombing is making it novel enough that the attempt doesn't instantly get thrown in the "tacky platitudes" or "tacky shock value" bin, or the "cliche protest art" box, or perhaps worse, the "this is a marketing scheme, probably for a band or some art thing, and they're probably going to want my money at some point", which is a problem with leaving urls especially. But your note might sidestep that by being explicit about the money thing.

You have no idea how many Jesuses I are.