News:

Insert expletive here!

Main Menu

Step away from the facebooks!

Started by Philtered.Khaos, August 08, 2013, 05:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philtered.Khaos

Spookland is crawling with "intelligence", so I find it ironic so many self-professed rebels and contrarians would keep an account...

come join me in the forums and let's get the IRC back up and running. it can't return to glory if none participate. I for one hope to see you here.

There are also many nice alternatives to facebook, which won't force ads to play on your timeline, or store/sell your data.
Come on back and we can make this thrive!

l am also aware that it's easier to use FB, but I thought magicians liked a challenge....
I have soared too high on the Wings of Dreams, only to be dashed on the rocky shores of Despair.

Alysyrose

I've been saying this for a while, but unfortunately people are lazy, and facebook combines forums/chat/email into one place. It's a seductive evil in that sense. But I'll see what I can do.

Zed

I've personally found Diaspora to be perfect for most of my purposes. The problem with it is that there's really not much of an occult community on.
But that can be changed, no? ;)

Philtered.Khaos

I have made it to diaspora under user name philtered_khaos. Who else is on? I also used the hash tag #assaultingreality
I have soared too high on the Wings of Dreams, only to be dashed on the rocky shores of Despair.

Oistar667

You do make a solid point Philtered.
The rabbit's hold is a bit thicker here anyways.

Kiki

Hmmm seems to be  down. I'd rather sit on reddit anyways, even if /r/khaos is always dead. The problem you're  all griping  about is that it's  so  much  easier to keep up on facebook than on  here, or elsewhere. The  facebook app is what allows it- it lets you know  when there's new  posts in the group, and makes them easy to find/reply/post to. To get onto the forum here I have to plug my phone into my computer, hotspot it, pull it up in firefox, type in  the site, log in, and then show unread posts. Not quite as easy. And the email messages from  the forum show up blank on my  phone and usually end up in my spam box, so there's not even really that option.

OmniZero

That sucks kiki. Is there maybe a forums app for your phone that would work with this place? I gotta say, after coming back here like you suggested today on the facecrack, I like it here. The abscence of adds, the lack of a horrid color scheme, and intelligent people? I'll call this place home. It has a certain mental relaxation about it.

Kiki

Chov says that there is  one kind of, I am gonna  try  to find out more. ^.^ Forums only work hit or miss  on my phone (the main reason I post once a week on the talisman challenge too), so I get on here when I can.