News:

Insert expletive here!

Main Menu

Chelseanacht 2018 with a thousand cranes

Started by Moon1ight, July 10, 2018, 12:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moon1ight

Hi everyone :)

Seisatsu suggested a project for this year's Chelseanacht. Here is the proposal:

"Chelseanacht Project
Thousand Origami Cranes
In which we construct "Senbazuru", the ancient Japanese magickal wish granting device, with a DKMU twist.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED, REGISTER IN THE COMMENTS
"Thousand Origami Cranes (千羽鶴 Senbazuru) is a group of one thousand origami paper cranes (折鶴 orizuru) held together by strings. An ancient Japanese legend promises that anyone who folds a thousand origami cranes will be granted a wish by the gods." - Wikipedia
This project will borrow some ancient Japanese magick, and combine it with the versatile LS network, to create a one-shot collaborative wish granting device which will be loaded with DKMU's mission statement.
The work of folding one thousand origami cranes will be divided between the volunteers. All cranes must be folded by the 17th. Each crane should have the Linking Sigil marked on the inner side of the paper, so it is folded into the crane. While folding each crane, imbue it with your intent and wish for a world filled with magick and belief in magick, and the rending of the veil. The Linking Sigil will be our string, tying all of the thousand cranes together to form the mythical ancient Japanese wish granting device, the Senbazuru.
I will design the ritual for the 17th in the coming days. The ritual will be to "fire off" the Senbazuru. After each volunteer performs the ritual with their cranes, the cranes will be placed around the volunteers' neighborhoods to spread any residual energy (and the LS) over a wide area.
If you would like to volunteer, please post below. Based on the number of volunteers in the next few days, I will throw out a number for how many cranes we must each fold. Late volunteers should fold the same number of cranes, so we have extras in case anyone falls behind."

see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_thousand_origami_cranes for more info on the tradition.

I know that there are some folks who don't read FB at all, so I put it here.

Here's how to make a crane :) https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2f/Tsuru_wiki.svg

Anyone up to join?
"The Assault on Reality lives in you.
This is what you were born to do." -Ahavah Ain Soph

"As far as what I think the DKMU is? It's a promise to never stop fighting against mundanity, to always be injecting the weird into the world" - Timothy Buell

"Put in the work! :)" - Geri