News:

Insert expletive here!

Main Menu

Self sigils? And sigils on the body

Started by Simon, August 20, 2013, 02:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

Hi, I've a question for an idea I had. Basically, a self sigil, I guess it'd be called that. Using ones own name to make a sigil, could it be used by another person to get your attention, say if you're far away? Or would it cause something else to happen, like implant a sudden thought into a person mind? Not that I'd use it for anything malicious, I just want to know what would happen. Also, I was wondering what happens with sigils drawn or tattooed on the body? Do they cause a permanent effect? I would like to experiment with both these ideas, unless they're dangerous enough I shouldn't, so anything you all know would really help me.
Just a madman and his dog...

My forum site
http://orderofhithaeglir.freeforums.org/

Ianas Tebron

It is my opinion that sigils, when done correctly, work the way(s) that YOU want them to. So just experiment and get a bunch of tattoos, it will be like a hobby in and of itself. Years ago I saw a video where a shaman had tattoos on his skin so that he would not be born a woman (Sorry that I can not site the source  :-[). So the Idea of tattoos as magic is not new and I bet you will have success with this approach. I have used some of the futhark in one of my tattoos and it works like it is supposed to.

Kiki

Lots of people have personal sigils that symbolize themselves- The Witch of Forest Grove comes to mind in particular.

Simon

Salutations and thanks for the great answers. I asked this because I plan on getting tattoo sleeves in a year or so, and I have a habit of drawing on my arms :P May as well put it to use, right? I'll definitely experiment with this and post my results as soon as I can. One other question - is it safe or desirable to put the sigil of a God or demon on one's body? I read once that it basically makes one the God or demons bitch, is this true?  ??? Thanks in advance as always.

My forum site

Johnna'dreams

Simon

Why would you want to put a god or a demon on (and within) you and on a permanent manner?Would you do that for a girlfriend or even a friend?I tend to think that everything fades so that would be a bad idea for me thinkin the possibillity to renounce the effects of an entity later in my life.Although the idea of painting the signs of Paths that you took and acquired in your life is something I intend to go for.With a Chaospere right on the heart of course...  8)
Εν οίδα ότι ουδέν οίδα/I know one thing alone,I know nothing...
Socrates

Johnna'dreams

Also congrats on the interesting blog  :D
Socrates

Simon

Johnna'Dreams - Thanks! Glad you like my blog. I asked about the demon/God sigil because once I read a pos about a person who did that, I believe on thefoolspeaks.com. I personally wouldn't, however a Chaosphere is a great idea  ;D

My forum site

Johnna'dreams

I remember about 6 or 7 years ago after I found about Chaos Magick and seeing the Chaosphere for the first time I wanted to go and get one...As a compulsive character that i am after a while I though that this desire would fade away as time passes....BUT NAY it hasn't so since an pretty white almost like an albino I think it would be very contrasting...Βut I must admit that quotes as tattoos are personally very interesting...Like Canceric writings...
Socrates

Kiki

The chaosphere tattoo tends to lead to a lot of chaos  in your life. An  alternative to a tattoo is henna. You can always test drive it. I've done it with a few different sigils  and I  wouldn't say it makes you a god's bitch.  Although if you  put the hand of eris on your body in  henna, I promise you that you will have the craziest time. Ever. For real. And also great sex.