News:

Insert expletive here!

Main Menu

Magical Internet

Started by Gwendolynn, December 14, 2016, 10:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwendolynn

Hey guys, I snoop around these parts every once in a while and made an account to ask some questions about something some of you might have had experience/theories about/with.

Basically, I'm working on a "magical internet", a series of sigils that will connect various points in an orderly and manageable fashion. The internet comparison may not be perfect, but as a means of communication, it will do.

Essentially, my plan is this: I will first create one sigil, to act as the "computer" in the internet metaphor. Its the personal device used to send and receive energy. Each "computer" (PCS) will have a unique address to identify it in the wider system. This will in turn be connected to a core sigil (CS), which will basically make sure everything is in working order before passing energy along to PCS. For example, it will make sure the energy follows a straight path to the receiver, it will make sure that a PCS with the designated address exists in the system, act as a "halfway point" in the transmission, ect. The CS will then deliver the energy to the PCS.

I've made sigils before, but never in a system. I don't quite understand the mechanics behind linking two sigils just yet, and need an idea on how to establish the inital connection between PCS1, CS, and PCS2 (PCS3, 4, and so on will be much easier). I would love suggestions on exactly what functions CS would serve, and ideas on ways to keep the energy currents flowing in an orderly fashion.

I've lost my train of thought. If you're interested, please keep an eye out for edits.

Seisatsu

We already started designing something like this a few weeks ago. Maybe add your thoughts to this project unless your idea is wildly different. I'd like to get something standardized (lol) and then tested.

https://www.dkmu.org/forum/index.php?topic=324.0

Gwendolynn

Quote from: Seisatsu on December 17, 2016, 12:20:38 AM
We already started designing something like this a few weeks ago. Maybe add your thoughts to this project unless your idea is wildly different. I'd like to get something standardized (lol) and then tested.

https://www.dkmu.org/forum/index.php?topic=324.0

My idea is similar, but I don't want Ellis involved at all. Ive already seen that post and Im actually keeping tabs on it! Ellis is just too big and cluttered for what I'm setting up. I want it to be as efficient a tool as possible.

Seisatsu

Quote from: Gwendolynn on December 17, 2016, 04:03:55 PM
My idea is similar, but I don't want Ellis involved at all. Ive already seen that post and Im actually keeping tabs on it! Ellis is just too big and cluttered for what I'm setting up. I want it to be as efficient a tool as possible.

Oh, cool. Maybe there can be some useful overlap. The only thing holding back that project is that I have no magickal acuity yet and can't test it myself.

JayONI

You can use the LS without using the actually LS, Ellis or the trinity of them. Just make your own layer for private use. The LS is first and formostly just an idea use that instead and map the web so it clones.

This would remove Ellis from using the LS 100% not that i dislike Ellis or anything. It does however mean you would have to replicate her web its easier to do than you would think. 

arjil

I think Using a specific, simple "Communication sigil" as your base created with long distance communication and internet sort of intent, with that plus a small individual add on- perhaps as simple as numbering them, would be your best bet.
You could incorporate the LS into it in a "power" sort of wall socket capacity, but I wouldn't try sending the data through the "web"  it's noisy in there.   
I'll be interested to hear about how this goes.  sounds like a cool experiment.