Main Menu

THE UNOFFICIAL DKMU GRIMOIRE

Started by MadQueen, September 26, 2014, 01:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadQueen

OmniZero

What's the status of this project?

Kiki

Aye, I am wondering as well. If you are in need of another pair of hands/eyes, let me know. I am going to add this to the projects list as well.

arjil

I think you can make it available through amazon, as either a download or a print on demand without being out of pocket on anything.  There's a couple other places as well, I think.
I'm in favor of Grimwar.

OmniZero

As far as I know, it's still yet to be edited.

The Cusp

I can only imagine that shitty submission form has resulted in a monstrous unformatted mountain of text, and every single person who lays eyes on it flees in terror. 

Kiki

Quote from: The Cusp on February 24, 2015, 05:34:09 AM
I can only imagine that shitty submission form has resulted in a monstrous unformatted mountain of text, and every single person who lays eyes on it flees in terror.

I just wanted to say that this made me laugh out loud. For reals. So yeah *disappears*

Moon1ight

Kiki, if you (or MQ or anyone) send me the "unformatted mountain of text" in separate text files or in any other way, I offer to do the following:

I can create a (hopefully preliminary) book-style pdf with LaTeX, that will be acceptably and consistently formatted, will have a clickable table of contents and so on. I can include pictures. It would be very simple, no beautiful graphic design, nothing fancy, but at least we will have the texts and pictures in one accessible document.

I would do this in the weeks between 16.03 till the 6.04, or later, but if later it will take longer. If you can give me (preferably read-only, so that I cannot delete anything by accident) access to the text, and the motivation fairy visits me (which is very likely for such a great collection of texts), I might do it in a weekend or two. It would look somewhat (but not exactly :D ) similar to this example: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58345288/bookexample.pdf

Of course, this would be just putting the text into it, as is and applying LaTeX's excellent auto-formatting features. Not proofreading everything or anything like that. I do not have that much motivation. Once that is done and we can read it, maybe it will create some motivation in folks to make a beautiful thing out of it, with fancy colours and so on.

Edit: I've now reread MQ's ideas for the editing procedure, which are very indepth and work intensive, even though results coming from that procedure are sure to be extremely good. However, I take it that the progress on this is a bit slow, because it is so work intensive. So my offer stands.

Tl:Dr Give me (again, preferably read-only) access to all texts, and I quickly create a consistently formatted and accessible, but very simple and not asthetically striking preliminary version of the book. This might help to motivate us to participate in the longer editing process to proofread everything and make a beautiful thing out of it.

Final note: English is my third language and I'm unsure about how my "tone sounds". None of this is intended as any criticism of MQ or anyone else or this project in general. I find it a totally great idea and just offer this as an additional point. If anything sounds in any way offensive, it is not intended.
"The Assault on Reality lives in you.
This is what you were born to do." -Ahavah Ain Soph

"As far as what I think the DKMU is? It's a promise to never stop fighting against mundanity, to always be injecting the weird into the world" - Timothy Buell

"Put in the work! :)" - Geri

Sheosyrath

I also volunteer to help edit it.
"Death to the Image::Hail The New Flesh" 156/663 FOR LIFE HOMES