News:

Insert expletive here!

Main Menu

Hockey Night Insubstantia.

Started by Frater Theodbald, December 02, 2014, 03:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frater Theodbald

Not so long ago I trolled a close friend, inviting her to a "magic competition" to prove which one of us is a better magician.  I told her that she had the Toronto Maple Leafs and I had the Montreal Canadians, and whoever's team won the next game would prove either her or I to be the better magician.  Of course her team lost, the Leafs suck, hehe.  She cares nothing for hockey and didn't know that the Leafs would surely lose, statistically speaking.  After bragging for a long that that I am the better magician, I revealed that I had trolled her and we had a good laugh. 

So, on Dec. 2, 2014, Montreal Canadians won 4-3 against Colorado Avalanche.  Remembering that there are Marauders in Denver and, feeling comical at the time, I was tempted to troll them on that situation.  Then I saw this:

So, it gave me an idea.

LET'S JINX THE HOCKEY GAMES !  Not silly "magic competitions" or pointless trolling, but adding a bit of magical spice.

What's interesting about the hockey games is that it's watched by tens of thousands of people.  Imagine if a whole bunch of crazy unusual things were to happen during the games - live on TV - that would seriously cause cognitive dissonance among the masses, perhaps a bit of a mindfuck and if we're lucky, we'll eventually mageify a few muggles.

Who's in ?  Let's plan a few game dates to spice up with a bit of magic - marauder style !

« Soyez libres !... Du jour où vous l'aurez voulu, vous aurez commencé à l'être ! »
- Éliphas Lévi

Frater Theodbald

For myself, it's a GO on Sat, Dec 13.  I'll probably be aiming for the Toronto-Detroit game.

Go Go Go

http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyday.htm?season=20142015&date=12/13/2014

« Soyez libres !... Du jour où vous l'aurez voulu, vous aurez commencé à l'être ! »
- Éliphas Lévi

Frater Theodbald

Here is how I will proceed:

1) Put on ritual clothes, set up an altar with Linking Sigil as focus, burn incense, red candles, etc., etc., etc.

2) Do a ritual banishing of some sorts.  I might do the thelemic STAR RUBY http://www.thelemapedia.org/index.php/The_Star_Ruby and / or STAR SAPPHIRE http://www.thelemapedia.org/index.php/The_Star_Sapphire  Then again, I might also forego the Thelemic stuff in favour of the LSRP http://juankurse.magiqc.net/LSRP.pdf

3) I will probably use an evocation such as this one, inspired from Liber Sigilum:

Hear me and travel forth O Red Dweller, She who is nowhere found But for the place of meeting which has been arranged.

(A chime is struck)

Know that I have arranged it and bid you welcome forth into a space of hockey.
The gate is open, the path is drawn.

(A chime is struck)

Open the gates of Magick at (insert hockey stadium) for all to witness, body and mind.
Direct thy path of Magick at (insert time of hockey game) for all to take part, body and mind.
The gate is open, the path is drawn!

(A chime is struck)

Unite the worlds! Invite them all! 
LOKI, Mercurius, Eris Discordia, Coyote, Gwydion, Set, Eshu, Joker, Enki, Iktomi.
Let them all partake in the game!
(insert exact date, time and place of said game)
The gate is open, the path is drawn!

(The practitioner gazes intently upon the Linking Sigil)

(Using his pointer finger or Athame, he draws the LS in the air overtop, concentrating on the hockey game that will be held.)

The gates are now open. The path has been drawn.
And upon that game of hockey, I unleash the worlds.

(A final chime is struck)

4) Close up the ritual with proper banishings, etc.

5)  I won't even watch the game, I'll just read about it the next day.  If it's not crazy enough to be written about, then I'll have to do better next time...
- Éliphas Lévi

discobiscuit252

This is absolutely fantastic..When does the game start?

Frater Theodbald

Bascailly whenever someone suggests a game, anyone can jump in.  I'm doing my first try on Sat Dec 13 on the Tor-Det match.

Season schedule can be found on www.nhl.com  Pick a game!
- Éliphas Lévi

Frater Theodbald

So, I'm not sure whether anyone had a spiritual epiphany tonight, but here are some pics of my own ritual to influence.  I modified the above evocation to reflect what was actually pronounced.  Also, I started with the Latin SRP and finished with the Star Ruby for banishings.

Firstly, I like to use my whiteboard as magickal stele:

Then of course I like having an altar and stuff:

That was fun. 

'Till next time, folks!
- Éliphas Lévi

Ringtail

I think I'm going to try the Detroit/Islanders game on Friday. If that works well I might do the Broncos game on the 28th, since I'll at least be having that one on in the background. Did you do the evocation at the time of the game or just before?

You have no idea how many Jesuses I are.

Frater Theodbald

I started my banishings 5 mins before the start of the game so that my invocation could be more or less at the same time the game started.

On Friday I'll probably be at a posh supper with a friend, but I'll definitely take time to do a little "something" and join in.  Just for fun.  :)
- Éliphas Lévi

Ringtail

Anything show up in the news? It took me longer than I'd planned to set up, so I got started a few minutes late.

You have no idea how many Jesuses I are.

Frater Theodbald

Unfortunately no.  Maybe a few players or spectators had a private epiphany or something.  lol who knows ?
- Éliphas Lévi