Ellis sigil basic best practices, or "How do I use this thing??"

Started by arjil, February 10, 2015, 05:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arjil

Look this over and see if I left anything out, it's for the LS grimoire.

Ellis (LS) sigil basic best practices, or "How do I use this thing??"

1.  The original intended use-  whatever magickal working you're doing, be it sigil, or ritual, glamourbomb, or whatever,  Utilize the LS as a side component.    Make your spell just like you would normally.   If it's a ritual, put the LS on a piece of paper and stick it in the circle with you or on your alter, just like you do with your other magick geegaws and symbols. 
Or for Sigils, make your sigil like ya do, and stick the LS in a corner of the page.      You can incorporate it more deeply in either, if you feel called to do so, but really, it does the thing just fine just slapped on there.   There are myriad theoretical reasons for this, but basically, it just puts some extra pepper on your efforts.

2.  Tagging for Input into the web-  tag places, things, or concepts that are magicky, or have some resonance that would be a useful and productive resource for the project.    Not enough people do this.  These tags don't have to be visible to work just fine.  (first ever LS tag:  Under the fantasy and new age sections at the local Barnes and Noble, because everyday people in those sections are Dumping energy into wishing, into wanting, into searching for, and believing in magick, which was something we wanted to propagate in the world.   Think along these lines.)  Sacred places, between places, places of power, places that have the *Shine*, places people dump a load of energy-  the point of doing this is both to feed the web, And to connect and mutually empower all the cool magicky places we can find. 

3. Tagging to destabilize/enchant/loosen concrete reality-   Find a place that seems like it Should have the Voo, but Doesn't?  Tag it, with the intent of waking that shit up, or creating a reality bubble there.  Again, doesn't have to be visible.  The LS should empower whatever the prevalent resonance, or "vibe" is.   Spooky place is more likely to become More spooky, etc.   

4.  Blast tagging- Simply the LS, where it will be seen,  just to Ellis the shit out of whoever sees it and hopefully make their day a little more interesting.    Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  (seems to work better on people who Need it, if that makes sense)

5.  Tapping the LS Directly-  So we all know about channeling various energies, right?  Research it. Learn how.  Focus on the LS, and channel that power just like you would draw down the moon, or tap an element or any other energy source-  mix this in with your own *Voo*  and use this for everything from charging and firing a sigil, to charging talismans, to infusing it into ritual work, to direct manipulation (holding the spell construct solely in your head and just throwing it)-  whatever part of doing the magick is the "Put the Magick In It" part, use it there.

6.  Filtering-  Your intent when you Use the LS is important.  If you're holding your mind in the "crazy entropic chaos place"  that's the sort of effect you'll likely get.   Conversely, if you hold our mind in the "Magick Facilitation"  or "Awakening" or whatever other place, that should be the flavor of resonance and manifestation you get out of it.
Just pay attention to how you're holding your mind when you draw it, or you get the Full Monty chaotic crapshoot.  Good for the Lulz, especially with the blast tagging, but for more considered spellwork, and your personal sanity/reality, I'd recommend filtering. 

7.  The Entity Ellis-  Yes, you can deal with her.  Do not forget that she's pretty much a Trickster Deity of Magick.  She can be quite fey and capricious.   She doesn't take well to be bossed around, or invoked,  or evoked to physical appearance, or demands.  Pretty much, that sort of thing ends in failure, or clusterfuck, if you manage to get her attention in the first place.   She's doing her own thing.   I'd suggest you be polite, say hi, and wait for her to come to you, should she choose to do so.   Just deal with the sigil and that whole concept, unless she decides to put her hand in, which she will, from time to time and you'll know it when it happens.   Just my two bits after ten years of experience.  Some may disagree.  Either way, caution, in this regard, is called for.  I promise.

Moon1ight

"The Assault on Reality lives in you.
This is what you were born to do." -Ahavah Ain Soph

"As far as what I think the DKMU is? It's a promise to never stop fighting against mundanity, to always be injecting the weird into the world" - Timothy Buell

"Put in the work! :)" - Geri

Ringtail

You have no idea how many Jesuses I are.

Frater Theodbald

Ringtail, the places you want to avoid are where you would want a banishing, a cleansing, a purification, a dedication specific to an entity or divinity.  Basically anything that you want to stay "exclusive" or "private".
« Soyez libres !... Du jour où vous l'aurez voulu, vous aurez commencé à l'être ! »
- Éliphas Lévi

Ringtail

Ok, but I'm not going to dilute the web or anything if I put it somewhere non-magical?

You have no idea how many Jesuses I are.

Frater Theodbald

That's an interesting question, Ringtail.  If, theoretically speaking, you were to put it on only non-magical things, then all of these non-magical things would end up being magically linked.  Therefore, making all of these non-magical things become magical all at once. 

Also, in a way, everything is magical and has something unique to share about itself.
« Soyez libres !... Du jour où vous l'aurez voulu, vous aurez commencé à l'être ! »
- Éliphas Lévi

arjil

Mostly tagging non magickal places won't hurt anything.   It just won't particularly Help anything either, Unless you're Intentionally waking an area up, if that makes sense.

I would avoid putting it on, say, your Car (all by itself, it'll be fine for powering a car enchantment), just in case the more entropic/chaosbomb qualities come through, you don't want it to fuck up your car.   Think along those lines. 
just my experience.

Agent M

Trust me to have already started with an evocation before even reading this 'basics' thread. Still it wasn't all bad. Could have been worse if I had evoked another helper spirit the night before. Will do a proper write up in its own thread...  8)
You have not seen anything. You do not know anything. You were not there. Don't report this.