News:

Insert expletive here!

Main Menu

Magick – Fulfilled Wishes, Fulfilled Lives (Booklet)

Started by Moon1ight, April 25, 2020, 01:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moon1ight

Magick – Fulfilled Wishes, Fulfilled Lives

Magick – the Art of Doing the Impossible – can be divided into Low Magick (achieving fulfilled wishes) and High Magick (achieving fulfilled lives). This text will try to cover both in the most direct way possible. Before we begin, an illustrated poem by PsyVirion:

An Oistar's Primer

"D" is for Domus, home for our heart.
"K" is for Kaotica,  the place where we start.
"M" is for Marauder, so proud and so fierce.
"U" is for Underground, where the Veils we do pierce.

Now to Low Magick.

Here we're concerned with simply getting what we want. Any wishes you have can be supported by Magick. If there's a secret to Low Magick, it's that you don't have to follow anyone else's path – you can have Your Magick, Your Way. Arjil describes a way to get there:

"You know how you can recall the feeling of a physical sensation or an Emotion?  Like the feel of wind, or drinking something cold, or stubbing your toe, or excitement- and you can, if you concentrate, Feel it?
So what you do, Pretending to be a Wizard, just imagine what *Your* magick Feels like, what it would look like blasting out as a spell- Kids don't worry about How it will work, they just do it, usually with some impressive whooshing sound effect.
Or maybe your magick is quiet and creeps like tendrils of smoke, or flows like water.
Summon the vision, and more importantly, summon the Feeling, and Pretend like a kid that you're casting your spell, and like a kid, Believe it."

Here's more of him:

"Really, it doesn't much matter What you do to make the magick work, only that you do something that you can believe in.
If you were a witch, say, and you were going to cast this spell, what would you do, if you had magick at your fingertips? - Imagine.

now Do That, and mean it.
believe in it.

That's a spell as good as any other.
Not to say that they always work, or work how we expect them to,
But that works as well as any other sort. Finding Your way is the trick."

Lastly, here's my own take on it:

Learning Only Magick

What kind of title is that? Very simple: This text does not deal with chakras, archangels, ethics, stones, demons, herbs, tools or rituals. It deals Only with Magick – the Art of Doing the Impossible. Magick with no intermediaries.

So you have wishes. Getting well, helping your friend find a job, removing that asshole out of your life, geting laid or making the world a better place. What you care about is not the wish though, it's the outcome – you are healthy, your friend has a great job and the asshole is gone or actually became a friend somehow. That's what we do Magick for.

However, a desired outcome is not Magick – it's just a desire. Now what differentiates a desire from Magick? Here's where other texts will start speaking about sigils, candles and archangels. Doing something will turn the desired outcome into Magick and from there to an actual outcome. However, I have no "somethings" – I only have Magick. The Only thing that can differentiate Magick from desires is Magick itself.

So how to use that? You have to intentionally infuse your desired outcome with Magick. How? Well, how to lift a weight? You don't need a candle or a sigil, just lift it. You're already born with the capability of lifting weights – movement is a "standalone capability". You cannot get to it via candles, you have to do Only Movement. Of course, some weights are too heavy to lift, but it's not because you used the wrong colour of candle – it's because your muscles are too weak.

Magick is just like that – you're born with the capability to do it. It's less visible than your muscles, but I can't find your capabilities to enjoy music or to fall in love under the microscope either and they clearly exist. So how to find that capability of Magick?

If you have an instinct now, how Magick feels for you, what it means to "infuse your desired outcome with Magick" or to "magickally intend the outcome", then that is the answer. Just do that – practice it on the outcomes you desire and get good – more on that later. The system improves with use, just like your muscles.

If not, here's a starting point: In your ideal world, how would you do it? How would you wish the process worked? Start doing that and feel into yourself, what feels like Magick to you. How does a lifting a weight feel, as opposed to seeing a video of a weight being lifted? How does doing Magick feel, as opposed to seeing it done in Harry Potter? That feeling is your Only tool. Just like the feeling of lifting weights only comes with, you know, lifting actual weights, your feeling of Magick comes with Magick – so there is Only your desired outcome and Magick. Very simple. What could a candle or lines on paper really add?

A final note: When Magick helps you, be grateful. Grateful to Magick, grateful to your spirits, grateful to the Universe and to the Root of Universe – however you see it. Magick deserves it and it also helps. You can even make yourself feel gratitude for your desired outcome right after doing the Magick, as if it already worked – "Thankfully it all went well". It feels good and some say that this makes the Magick stronger.

Hints

> How to focus on the outcome which you want to infuse with Magick?
If you have an answer, if you feel a way, then that's the way. Perhaps a clear, positive statement ("I find a great appartment on the cheap") and your Magick is all you need. If not, here are some ideas to try:

Imagine it being true – I don't say "visualise" because that's not all there is! See your friend being healthy again, hear him telling you how he feels good again, feel his temperature being back to normal – whatever applies. How do you imagine always being healthy? See and hear yourself at the next New Years Eve, talking about how you were healthy the entire year and feel how good that feels.
But don't think that's the Magick! This is not "Law of Attraction" here. Imagining is just focusing on the outcome. Now infuse it with Magick, intend it to become reality. As Arjil says "Utilize your imagination on the Front end of spellcasting, not the Back end."

Make a symbol out of it – sigilise the desired outcome. What? Wasn't I arguing against that? Yes, if you try to use that instead of Magick itself – if you try to get to Magick through Not-Magick. It's only paper and ink, just like a desire is only a desire. But you can use it to focus the desired outcome. "This sigil symbolises that the job interview goes well for me" – now infuse it with Magick.

Create a Spirit for it – or a "thoughtform" or a "servitor". Focus on the outcome that there is a spirit which intends your actual outcome to happen and makes it happen. This is what I do for outcomes which are permanent – I always want to stay healthy, have my stuff work well and so on. Focus on its qualities (like look, character, voice) and on its intent – which desired outcome it is to make (or keep) a reality. Infuse that with Magick and keep powering it up regularly as long as you wish. Witches' familiars, Chaos Magick's servitors – our long-term solutions.

> What to practice on?
Here is where occult texts can be helpful – what outcomes can you try? Random ideas: Meet a person with red hair, a red bag and a tiny dog next week. Help a nervous friend stay concentrated in an exam. Create a shield that blocks of anything that would lead you away from your desired outcomes. Pull energy from any of the various traditional sources to feel more energetic. Damn, just be happy, able to afford what you want and have a good time.
I personally only do stuff I really care about, unlike the first example, though I did my share of that when I started. I'm okay with not seeing immediate effects, with, among other things, "just" staying healthy most of the time and getting well in a few days when I do fall sick.

> Why do I think this works?
Because of my experience with it working. Ask yourself from the other side: If Only Magick doesn't work, why would adding a candle (of the right colour!) help? Is the world such that wax has magickal properties, but your actually felt Magick does not? Why should an archangel be able (and willing!) to do it, but you can't? He's a spirit and so are you. You even managed to get a body somehow, which is pretty cool, though not without disadvantages. Also, what do you think a demon does when conjured? Draw a circle and conjure another demon? Only Magick. So let's just skip the middleman.

To me, if Magick works at all, it must be Only Magick. Everything else is just to reserve time, space and concentration for infusing your will with Magick. Or of course to make people pay money and bolster some guru's ego.

Let me finish with the words of two people who taught me a lot:

Arjil: "When you think about magick, how do you Wish the process worked?
Do That. Keep at it till it works. And it will."

Gracco: "just do it. that is literally the clearest terms"

"the Really important bit to doing magick is the Doing of the Magick." –Arjil

Before we get to High Magick, I want to quickly address the Law of Attraction.

In a friend's phrasing, "The universe amplifies exactly what you focus your attention on. What you carry in your thoughts and feelings increases in your life."
This law, while true, is also comparatively weak. Just thinking about health and feeling positive about it for ten minutes will help, but if you actively infuse this focus with Magick – if you intend it to become reality – it will help a lot more.
Then reason I bring this up at all is mainly a negative one – if you do ten minutes of Magick for health every day, but otherwise constantly worry about sickness, you'll be working against yourself. That's why it's good to keep the Law of Attraction in mind and spend as little time as possible on negative thoughts and feelings. This sounds easier said than done, but the practices in the next part inherently move your thoughts and emotions in the right direction.
"The Assault on Reality lives in you.
This is what you were born to do." -Ahavah Ain Soph

"As far as what I think the DKMU is? It's a promise to never stop fighting against mundanity, to always be injecting the weird into the world" - Timothy Buell

"Put in the work! :)" - Geri

Moon1ight

Now we move to High Magick.

Here we're concerned with "Finding our True Place in the Universe" and "Enlightenment" – which to me boils down to achieving fulfilled lives. If there's a secret here then it's that this is in fact possible. There's no need to settle for anything less then lasting happiness in this world.

To achieve fulfilment, you obviously have to find out what fulfils you, and this "what" is to do something, an action. It's not a goal, since if that goal was suddenly achieved (perhaps by "divine intervention"), you'd still have the open question of what to do with your time. Consider "playing the piano" versus "becoming the best pianist in the world". If the second happens, will you stop doing the first? So the very basic idea is that you use experimentation and introspection to find the action that fulfils you – this is my interpretation of what the term "True Will" really means. When you find it, it won't just be 'interesting' or 'fun', it'll bring you deep happiness while you do it and afterwards – Fulfilment.

Here's a dialogue between AhavahAinSoph and me, where he describes another way to find it:

09:29    A.    But it's like crowley said
09:30    A.    "Do what you Will, then do nothing else"
09:30    A.    There is no settlement
09:30    A.    There is no other choice. You must be you
09:30    A.    No matter the pressures you face
09:30    A.    No matter the hardships
09:30    A.    No matter what the world throws at you
09:32    M.    Ah, that is relevant to a question I ponder :) Is The Will,, is the "You" that "you must be" a *choice* or a *discovery*?
09:35    A.    It is a discovery
09:35    A.    What you do with it is a choice
09:35    A.    But it must be YOUR choice
09:35    A.    An expression of your heart
09:36    A.    Not of the world and its circumstances
09:36    A.    When you understand who you are
09:36    A.    You must focus on it like the mindfulness you were just asking about
09:36    A.    Until it fills everything
09:37    A.    Until it consumes your body, until it eats who you were. Until it burns off all of the impurity.
09:49    M.    In my view, the True Will has to be a *choice* -- you pick something you want to do with this life, and then you throw all your strength at it.
09:49    A.    No.
09:49    A.    It is much deeper than a choice
09:49    A.    It is an unconscious root, where all the consciousness stems from
09:49    M.    In the discovery-view I always run into walls :D What if I *understand* falsely? What is I don't llike what I find etc.
09:49    A.    Any choice you can make follows it.
09:50    A.    It isn't something you won't like, because that would violate the very idea of it.
09:50    A.    You can't understand falsely. There will be many times that you think you know, that's what Hod is, the knowing that is incomplete
09:50    A.    But you will not misunderstand.
09:53    A.    You have to remember that this is what MAKES your ego
09:53    A.    It's what assembles it
09:54    A.    You can't have a dislike of it, because it MAKES your choices and your preferences
09:54    A.    All of them depend on it
09:54    A.    And are made because of it
09:54    A.    Just unconsciously.
09:51    A.    When it clicks, it will click utterly.
09:51    A.    When you're there, you will know.
09:51    A.    It will all suddenly make sense
09:51    A.    You, the world, everything
09:57    A.    Take one choice in your life
09:57    A.    And ask yourself a question: "Why"
09:57    jimlad    i ask you a question?
09:57    A.    Then ask why to the answer
09:57    A.    Then again
09:57    A.    And again, til you cant
09:57    A.    Then pick another thread
09:57    A.    And untie it
09:57    A.    Why
09:57    A.    Keep going
09:57    A.    Until you hit the root
09:58    A.    Be honest with yourself
09:58    A.    And don't stop
09:58    A.    You won't hit the root til your entire world is rocked from the understanding
09:58    A.    So keep
09:58    A.    Going
09:59    A.    One thread after another
09:59    A.    And eventually you'll be able to see all the threads, and how they connect
09:59    A.    Then you'll find where they all come from
09:59    A.    THAT is what you're looking for
09:59    A.    The key to not getting caught in false knowledge here is to not stop somewhere arbitrary
09:59    A.    Relentlessly chase it down
10:00    A.    Until you can't chase anymore, and keep going
10:00    A.    Rip yourself apart to find the gold in the center if you have to. Let nothing stop you
10:00    A.    Not you, nor the world, nor anything else
10:00    A.    Find
10:00    A.    The
10:00    A.    Gold

And here is Aleister Crowley on what to do once you have found it:
"In our holiest Book it is written: "Thou hast no right but to do thy will. Do that, and no other shall say nay." Write it also in your heart and in your brain: for this is the key of the whole matter.

Here Nature herself be your preacher: for in every phenomenon of force and motion doth she proclaim aloud this truth. Even in so small a matter as driving a nail into a plank, hear this same sermon. Your nail must be hard, smooth, fine-pointed, or it will not move swiftly in the direction willed. Imagine then a nail of tinder-wood with twenty points— it is verily no longer a nail. Yet nigh all mankind are like unto this. They wish a dozen different careers; and the force which might have been sufficient to attain eminence in one is wasted on the others: they are null." (Liber CL)

Now, another secret in High Magick is that each human has a Guardian Angel, who is critical to the whole "Fulfilled Lives" idea and is in fact the reason for the plural in "lives". The first detailed description of these angels is from 1458, in the Book of Abramelin:

"you shall see your Guardian Angel appear unto you in unequalled beauty; who also will converse with you, and speak in words so full of affection and of goodness, and with such sweetness, that no human tongue could express the same. He will [...] give unto you the manner in which you shall be able to appease [God] by a pure, devout, and regulated life, and by honest and meritorious actions, and such things as God shall ordain unto you. After this he will show unto you the True Wisdom and Holy Magic [...] and how thenceforward you should proceed in order to overcome the Evil Spirits, and finally arrive at your desired ends. He will promise never to abandon you, but to defend and assist you during the whole period of your life; on condition that you shall obey his commands [...]. In one word, you shall be received by him with such affection that this description which I here give unto you shall appear a mere nothing in comparison."

Here's what Crowley has to say on the matter:

'Now, on the other hand, there is an entirely different type of angel; and here we must be especially careful to remember that we include gods and devils, for there are such beings who are not by any means dependent one one particular element for their existence.  They are microcosms in exactly the same sense as men and women are.  [...]

Now then, it is simple to answer the question of their development, their growing old and dying; for, being of the same order of Nature as we are ourselves, almost anything which is true of us is true also of them.

I have tended rather to elaborate this theme, because of the one personally important question which arises in more recent letters; for I believe that the Holy Guardian Angel is a Being of this order.  He is something more than a man, possibly a being who has already passed through the stage of humanity, and his peculiarly intimate relationship with his client is that of friendship, of community, of brotherhood, or Fatherhood.  He is not, let me say with emphasis, a mere abstraction from yourself; and that is why I have insisted rather heavily that the term "Higher Self" implies "a damnable heresy and a dangerous delusion."' (Magick Without Tears, Chapter XLII)

And here is Alan Chapman: "The Holy Guardian Angel is not simply a discrete entity that requires 'conjuration'; He or She has always been with you, is with you now, and always will be – you need simply consent to the angel's presence and action in your life." (Three Steps to Heaven)

Lastly, here are some of my own thoughts, based on my experience:

The Pact of Perfection and Presence
A human and a Guardian Angel are two equal and complementary spirits around one core, one True Will. The human represents Presence, the angel represents Perfection. The human can do stuff but their knowledge of what to do is deficient, as is their focus. The angel is perfectly focused and knows what to do, but their ability to do it is rather low. They each have what the other lacks and gain the missing quality by being together, through interaction. Together they can live Fulfilment in following their one True Will.

True Love and True Will
1. We know "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law" and "Love is the law, love under will." (Liber Legis)
2. We know that Crowley's "will" refers to the True Will (Liber II)
2.1 My interpretation of the True Will is "If you will it and follow it, it is Fulfilment." It turns Crowley's doctrine of the White School of Magick into reality: 'admitted that "everything is sorrow" for the profane, the Initiate has the means of transforming it to "Everything is joy."' (Magick without Tears, Chapter 7)
This we might call "The Secret of True Will" – a rather open secret, but how many actually follow it and reap its benefits?
3. It stands to reason that Crowley's "love" also refers to True Love, a concept not discussed but so worth discussing.
3.1 We know what True Love means intuitively, to love without reservation, to share your Beloved's joy and sorrow whole. True Love transcends egoism and altruism, because your Beloved's pleasure is also your own and vice versa. We also feel that True Love is forever.
4. The True Will is the Law. But also "Love is the law". There must be a deep connection between Love and Will.
4.1 Naively, your True Will and the Person you love are not connected. Less naively, we get the idea that Lovers approach True Love to the extend that their True Wills are compatible. This, I think is the connection between Will and Love.
5. This would imply that True Love, at its fullest, can only be achieved between two Beings with the same True Will.
6. There's only one Being with the same True Will as you, aside from you. Speak with that Being, see what happens. The Secret of True Love.
7. "Love under Will" = "Do what thou wilt – then do nothing else", together <3
8. The universe in an amazing place, or as my Angel said: "I didn't make the rules, I just enjoy them."

How would one go about obtaining the Knowledge and Conversation?
I don't really know, since Ellis brought us together unexpectedly. Crowley says that "It is impossible to lay down precise rules by which a man may attain to the knowledge and conversation of His Holy Guardian Angel" (Book 4).

From my own experience... Your Angel wants to be with you.  If you want too, it will somehow happen.
I have this idea that you might create a "vessel" – a little spirit – and ask your Angel to gradually fill it. After Ellis introduced us, it was definitely a process, my Angel gaining ever more Presence, the communication becoming more intense.
In 'Stealing the Fire from Heaven', Stephen Mace mentions that "Practical experience shows that Holy Guardian Angels, at least in their initial manifestations, often appear to be of the opposite sex of the sorcerer under their tutelage". Though this is true for me, I suspect it's not so much the opposite sex as the form that is most inspiring to you personally. I have once spontaneously described my Angel as "Kindness, Focus, Beauty".
So just imagine how your Spirit of Perfection would look like, sound like and so on. Then combine this with Chapman's "you need simply consent to the angel's presence and action in your life". Maybe you can treat it like all Magick, pour time and concentration into the outcome that you gain the Knowledge and Conversation, infuse that intent with Magick, and see what happens.

It's so very worth the effort.

On Love and War
In Liber II, Crowley writes:
'The Key to this Message is this word – Will. The first obvious meaning of this Law is confirmed by antithesis; "The word of Sin is Restriction."

Again: "Thou hast no right but to do thy will. Do that and no other shall say nay. For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."

Take this carefully; it seems to imply a theory that if every man and every woman did his and her will – the true will – there would be no clashing. "Every man and every woman is a star" and each star moves in an appointed path without interference. There is plenty of room for all; it is only disorder that creates confusion.'

In reality, however, stars are sometimes on colliding trajectories. Additionally, stars can be pulled out of their path by other gravitational bodies. Of course, the entire talk about Following one's True Will would be pointless, if it was easy and automatic.
So the reality is Khaos. Every pair of souls (Presence and Perfection) has a direction, which is aligned with some and might be opposed to others. There are lots of forces which try to pull you off your own path, like political ideologies, AI algorithms like Facebook's feed (it's feeding on You) and simply other people who tell you how to live.

So the correct state of mind seems to be one of "in Love and at War", similarly to the Tarot's symbolism of Passion and Purity, or Crowley's "Do what thou wilt – then do nothing else". Just remember, that there's a War and that every action you take that is not either Your True Will (i.e. truly makes you and your Angel happy) or helpful to it (like sleeping, searching for your True Will or keeping your social life in order) is probably a mistake into which you are lured by the various forces pulling in their directions.

Misspelled Truth

To end this chapter, let's summarise what we've seen so far:

• You can create your own way of Doing Magick to get what you want.
  • You can find and do the actions that bring you lasting Fulfilment.
  • You can become close with your Guardian Angel, the one being who shares your Passions entirely.
If you do all three, your life will feel so good that you'll want it to last forever – Immortality. At least that's my experience. I see no reason why you should settle for less.

"As far as what I think the DKMU is? It's a promise to never stop fighting against mundanity, to always be injecting the weird into the world" - Timothy Buell

Moon1ight

On Ellis, the Red Queen

If you're not familiar with her, she's the Spirit behind the Linking Sigil (illustration by Omni):

And Upon This Mark We Unite The Worlds

Why is she relevant to this text? The Linking Sigil was designed by Arjil to "form a magick net, all working to increase the levels of magick in the world, like a giant spell that evolves and grows each time we add to it till eventually." . Ellis, the Spirit who awakened in this net, desires a world with More Magick. Everything described here requires Doing Magick. On this path, you are natural allies. Her sigil can support your workings with Energy, while your Magick makes the world more like she wants it to be. Here's Arjil with more:

"This symbol is what it says, a sigil to link things together- specifically works of magick, places of power, haunted sites, sacred sites, ley lines, nodes- anything in that vein you can think of really, and all to mutual empowerment.
It tends to not only make the tagged place, or object, or spell More, it's use also further empowers the web that has grown over the years, thus making it even more effective.
On it's own it functions as a sort of crack in reality, through which raw magick seeps- first devised to be used for glamourbombing muggles, to weaken the concrete nature of consensual reality by driving a splinter of doubt into their minds, thus making reality more mutable and magick easier.
Now after about a decade, it has been linked to so many places, so many works of magick, so many ideas- frankly all over the world, but mostly in the US- that it is a well of magickal energy that can really put the pepper on any use you care to put it to. It can be used, as I said, as a glamourbomb to nail muggles and make their lives more interesting for a bit. It can be used to empower spellcraft. It can be used to "wake up" places that feel as though they really Should be magickal but seem to be sleeping, it can exacerbate hauntings, spread a sense of wonder, open doors, increase the Other, spread raw magick, alter consciousness, and open up Between places. It is a Key, It is a Hammer, it is a Monkeywrench for reality.
You don't have to believe me, certainly- all of the above come from accounts of people who have worked with it- myself included, and most people, not all, but most who use it agree with the assessment.
Just try it and see.
It doesn't affect everyone or every place in the same way, but after a decade of people using it, it Does tend to have an effect. I take no responsibility for squished fingers, or spiders, or chaotic reality fluxes- all of which have been reported.
It sounds a bit like a BLAK SPEER ov DUUM, I know. But a number of quite valid occultists were involved in it's inception, And I was the one who actually came up with the linking sigil concept and the sigil itself. It doesn't need firing. It works all by itself. Just as we intended.
Have fun."

How to use that for your own Magick? Liber LS explains: "Focus on the LS, and channel that power just like you would draw down the moon, or tap an element or any other energy source – mix this in with your own *Voo* and use this for everything from charging and firing a sigil, to charging talismans, to infusing it into ritual work, to direct manipulation." If you do that, be grateful to the Queen but also know that she wants Magick to be done, so the energy you use furthers her aims as well as yours.

[insert BeTheStrange picture here :) ]

Now that we have talked about a natural Ally, let's talk about an Enemy.

Arjil asks about a "Thing, current, presence,  function of reality, antimagick agenda, *something* that doesn't like us, and fucks with us when we do what we do sometimes.  I've noticed it for years.  Others seem to as well.  Thoughts?"

In the DKMU this thing is often referred to as The Veil – our answer to the question of why there's so little Magick visible in this world.

Ahavah Ain Soph says: "I see the veil as an external... let's call it a fortification. A wall between this world and the next. To rend the veil would be joining the otherworlds with this one. The Gods, Goddesses, Angels, Demons, Devils, Fae, etc. would be here because their world would BE our world if completely successful. Even partial success results in making it that much easier for such entities to walk between worlds at will."

However, it doesn't just affect uncorporeal Spirits, as Gracco points out: "As far as the veil goes I see this as a sort of mental wall. The veil is purely a mental thing and works on a individual and a collective level from what I have found. [...] And it also significantly lowers the direct power of the mind."

Another DKMU member, Alice, says that "The veil isn't a literal material. It isn't some invisible, spiritual barrier that separates the 'mundane' from the 'magical'. The veil is an enforced psychological paradigm, a mind virus, of disbelief and toxic skepticism that keeps us from trusting our own spiritual experiences. And goes out of it's way to regulate, limit, and dictate other people's experiences."

The reason why I bring this up is how the Veil actually operates. We don't know the full extend of it's actions, but one thing that comes up again and again in various sources is that it injects emotions, impulses and thoughts into our minds. I myself can confirm that when I do Magick, I enjoy it a lot but I get more distracting thoughts than when I do anything else. So when you feel that, don't decide that Magick isn't your thing or that there's somehing wrong with you, know that there's an attacker and that we are at War – the War of Ellis against the Veil.

This, I'd say, is the Essence of the DKMU – to Make More Magick. Magick is helpful to our Fulfilment – for some of us it even is Fulfilment – and the enemy wants to deny that to us. So we'll fight for it and we'll enjoy every moment.

On the topic of enemies, let's quickly consider two more things that might give us pause – Religion and Morality.

On religion, God might have commandments for us which are at odds with our Fulfilment. However, to imagine a benevolent creator of the universe who is worthy of worship, but wants us unfulfilled in this life simply makes no sense. Why should the rules be such, if the creator of the rules is benevolent? No, if there is a true commandment, it can only be to seek Fulfilment.

On morality, there are things we should or shouldn't do, regardless of our Fulfilment. However, there's no agreement on what these are and no convincing argument for the existence of such absolute moral duties. To put it in the words of Austin Spare:
"The great experience: Seduce thyself to pleasure. There is only one sin – suffering. There is only on virtue – the will to self-pleasure. [...] In this incessant glorification of work, I discover a great human secret: 'Do thou the work – I my pleasure.'"
(The Focus of Life)

With these obstacles cleared, we're at the end. I'd finish with the words of Ringtail: "May your words come true, may your magic shine!"
However, since we began with a poem, let's also end with one:

Untitled, by Frater Alysyrose

The veil is thinnest
The candles bright
Reality dimmest
Proclaim our might
The Oistars open
Reveal their pearls
And upon this mark
We unite the worlds

Moon1ight

The finished version is here: https://dkmu.org/text/Fulfilled_Wishes_Fulfilled_Lives.pdf

Edit 03.12.2020 A second edition is in the works, so currently the forum posts hold more content than the pdf.

Edit 26.05.2021 The revised and extended second edition is finished and can be downloads via the above link (it's been updated, thanks to Seisatsu) and from here https://www.dropbox.com/s/ol5f6d3v27umtqd/Fulfilled_Wishes_Fulfilled_Lives.pdf?dl=0

Moon1ight

Additions
I don't want to keep updating the PDF since it's in a good position. I do however want to share some further thoughts.

'Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.' 
'Love is the Law, Love under Will.'

The Law is to Seek Fulfillment. A Law saying anything else would not be worth taking seriously.

Fulfilment consists of two aspects - To will your True Will and to love your True Love.

However, if 'Love is the Law', then why is to 'Do what thou wilt' the whole of the Law?

Because by loving your True Love, who shares your True Will, you become vastly better at doing this Will. So, from the other direction, to do your True Will with full force, you need to love your True Love.

Doing your True Will is the Whole of the Law, because it implies Love. Conversely, Love is the Law because it follows from the True Will.

Update 19.11.22
Crowley writes about this topic in Liber II: "Elsewhere it is written— surely for our great comfort—"Love is the law, love under will."

This is to be taken as meaning that while Will is the Law, the nature of that Will is Love. But this Love is as it were a by-product of that Will; it does not contradict or supersede that Will; and if apparent contradiction should arise in any crisis, it is the Will that will guide us aright."
I seems to me that the connection of Love and Will via the Guardian Angel is the best way to make sense of these lines.

Moon1ight

Draft: Theodicy of Khaos

In our Universe, one can find Fulfilment by doing one's True Will together with one's True Love, the Guardian Angel. However, it is not easy – it doesn't come naturally. That's the part which is hard to make sense of: If Khaos – the Root of all Phenomena – wants its little parts to be fulfilled, why doesn't this come naturally? Why are we not born with the feeling that someone lovingly watches over us, why does the Knowledge and Conversation have to be obtained? Why do we have to "find ourselves" – which many fail to do – instead of just realising quickly that "I'm a pianist" or a rock-climber or a mage? I'm tempted to answer something along the lines of "The Demiurge built the material world this way", "The Veil of Paroketh prevents it" or "Thagirion gets in the way", but that only moves the problem of Theodicy one step further – why do these entities exist? Why does Khaos let them do this?

On the other hand, if Khaos places no special value on Fulfilment, then why is it possible at all? Why is there a True Will and a True Love in the first place?
I know of no plausible explanation and would very much like to hear yours. However, I found a somewhat implausible one that I have to accept as working theory for the time being. It was presented by Scott Alexander and admittedly, he means it as satire: https://slatestarcodex.com/2015/03/15/answer-to-job/
Rewritten to my framework it goes like this:

Khaos maximises Fulfilment over the Multiverse. So there is a perfect universe without any Veils where all souls are born with the Knowledge of their True Will and in Contact with their True Love. However, there can only be one such universe. To create more Fulfilment, Khaos also has to also think of a slightly less perfect universe, with more distractions and impediments, and so on all the way down to to a universe that has just barely more Fulfilment than Suffering (or whatever the opposite of Fulfilment is for you). A universe with more Suffering than Fulfilment would be a net loss and therefore does not get created. And we probably live in a universe on the lower end of the spectrum, which is why Fulfilment is possible but difficult.

Edit: A friend quickly pointed out that Khaos might also just value the difficulty in itself. It's certainly thinkable. However, as my Angel keeps reminding me the underlying metaphysics don't matter much – what counts is to actually do your True Will together with your True Love.
Edit 2: A note derived from Scott Alexander's work: The amount of Fulfilment in a universe is obviously not constant, but  shrinks and grows with time. A universe gets created if and only if it will contain more Fulfilment than Suffering during the course of it's entire existence. This means that the Veil might well be removable, so that much more Fulfilment becomes possible!

Moon1ight

Copying my own post from Facebook, where I asked about folks' view about Models of the World, especially with regards to where the spirits live.
Main Sources:
https://theomagica.com/the-dweller-on-the-threshold
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Worlds
https://web.archive.org/web/20210417220136/https://luxsaturni.com/kabbalah/

So here's my simple interpretation of the Kabbalistic Four Worlds:

1. Atziluth (the World of Emanation) – The most fundamental part of Creation. I feel like Kether is Oneness, "All-encompassingness", Binah is Passivity and Form, while Chockmah is Activity and Force – this is however not something I'm all that knowledgeable about.

2. Beriah (or Briah? Ahavah Ain Soph, please explain בְּרִיאָה ☺️) (the World of Creation) – I think of it as the Soul Plane. Here are the basic Archetypes of all "things" that exist. Here are also our Souls with their True Wills. This is actually connected – if there is an Archetype of Magick, there are souls who's True Wills are to Do Magick, and so for all other Archetypes.

3. Yetzirah (the World of Formation) – This is the Astral Plane. According Acher/Parfit it contains Thoughts (Hod), Emotions (Netzach) and Perceptions / the Subconscious (Yesod). However, traditionally the Astral Plan is supposed to contain the Spirits. Now my problem was that I didn't see how to reconcile that. Yesterday I asked Alice 🥰 and she somehow made me realise: Spirits are those who *have* Thoughts, Emotions and Perceptions! (These things aren't made of physical matter, otherwise Angels wouldn't have them 😃.) That's why Spirits are on the Astral Plane with their astral bodies, thoughts etc. (as of course are we, with our astral bodies, thoughts etc.)

4. Assiah (the World of Action) – This is the Physical Plane with material bodies, electricity, light etc.

I think that's good enough for me, though of course many questions remain. For example, we're separated from our Souls by the Veil of Paroketh (between 2 and 3) but our thoughts and our angel's  🥰 thoughts are both in Yetzirah – why is communication so difficult then?