News:

Insert expletive here!

Main Menu

Glamourbombing Revived [Picture Gallery]

Started by Moon1ight, December 19, 2014, 02:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moon1ight

On the old forum we had a thread to share fresh LS-Taggings.

Kiki's extremely awesome Glamourbombing-Guide inspired me to reopen this thread and make some contributions to it at the same time :) Nothing really special, but probably still two of my best, since I'm rather inexperienced in these things. Here they are:

If you have some photos, please share them too :)

Edit: A friend who knows nothing about the DKMU just sent me a HoN-Video where he is shown. And the first part of the video contains a player called "dkmushman"  8)  Such an amazing "coincidence"! I assume this is one of us? (here's the video  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uMaa6n6DtU ).

Edit: I'm trying to rename the Topic into Glamourbombing Revived, since that is apparently the correct term, used by Kiki and the originators of the term https://anotherwiki.org/wiki/Glamourbombing https://dreamhart.org/2013/04/the-death-and-rebirth-of-glamourbombing/
"The Assault on Reality lives in you.
This is what you were born to do." -Ahavah Ain Soph

"As far as what I think the DKMU is? It's a promise to never stop fighting against mundanity, to always be injecting the weird into the world" - Timothy Buell

"Put in the work! :)" - Geri

Frater Theodbald

Those are amazing tags.  Thanks for sharing!  :)
« Soyez libres !... Du jour où vous l'aurez voulu, vous aurez commencé à l'être ! »
- Éliphas Lévi

Moon1ight

Made a couple more. Currently I'm also planning to get myself some "empty stickers", on which I can write things and put them in places. I will probably try make them so as to get people to write responses on them. More details, when I have the money to buy the stuff  ;D

(The "Riot" was not written by me, but I felt it's worth responding to.)

(Just in case someone asks, no I did not make that hole. Just found it and couldn't resist commenting in this way :D )

"As far as what I think the DKMU is? It's a promise to never stop fighting against mundanity, to always be injecting the weird into the world" - Timothy Buell

Ringtail

You have no idea how many Jesuses I are.

Shaytanah

These are great examples.  Thanks!

I am pretty sure I would freak if I saw those before I knew about LS. :)

Kiki

Nice tags, add them to the gallery if you haven't already (=

Also, glad you liked the Glamourbombing Manual!

Moon1ight

Recently I decided that we need some tags in the village where everyone's beloved Johann Sebastian Bach married. In truth it just happens to be rather close to me :D So I put up a few small tags there. It was a plain sunday but I met almost no one. I think one single car drove by me, no pedestrians. Ellis really has some serious way of either keeping people away when Glitterbombing happens or directing one unnoticably to places where no one is.

The tag I share here is basically just across the road from house with many windows looking right at me. That's why there is nothing added to it.

I mean I couldn't leave a life-size wolf-statue without an LS, right?

I also was in the churchyard where the Bach-wedding was, but there was sadly no place to put a sigil there that wouldn't look barbaric and cause only negative emotions. No stickers to write over, no walls with Graffiti, all perfectly clean and very churchy...

Ringtail

Moonlight - If there's nowhere appropriate to tag, draw it on a smooth rock instead and either bury it or leave it for someone to  find.

Ringtail

Some glitterbombs from my travels over the summer. Most of the time I didn't take pictures due to circumstances or laziness or because they weren't elaborate enough. LS and other sigils on bridges, picnic tables, rocks thrown out a car window, fake blood, glow in the dark paint, generally drawing a line of red from Colorado to El Paso to New Orleans to New York and back. Here are a few, though.

From a Henna artist in Santa Fe. I gave her the linking sigil and said to draw whatever she was inspired to around it. I got some interesting comments whenever I wore LS in plain sight, the most common being "Have I met you before?"

Santa Fe, NM

Under a bridge in Austin, TX

Somewhere in Pennsylvania. It's on the brick in the middle, hard to see in this picture.

Poughkeepsie, NY. Has nothing to do with anything, but Holy Shit it's cute.

Moon1ight

Wow! These are some very good ideas, thanks a lot for sharing!

Especially the hand is just amazing. "R.I.P. The Known" is also great, I will definitely use this -- short and quite provocative.

Moon1ight

Just to create a sign of life:

Nothing very special, but on that day the urge to tag just hit me  ;)

I really feel the difference between times where I tag occasionaly and times where I don't...  The entire world appears more exiting and I feel significantly more energetic -- I hope that this is somewhat shared through the entire network.

We also now have small tags in the Negev desert and on a sheet of paper in the wailing/western wall in Jerusalem  8) Sadly, no pictures.

Ringtail

Latest batch, charged under Saturday night's celestial influences and ready to be placed around the Olympia area. The base color is spraypaint for weather resistance, the rest done with a dremel tool. They all have the LS on them somewhere, and I'll be sticking rolls of paper in some with a link to the site or a bit of poetry.

The northwest furnishes a good supply of oyster shells. Unlike clams and scallops, though, the toenails of the sea don't take well to even carving.

This red one did something interesting. I saw teeth and started carving, and it ended up looking like a kind of toothy octopus on one side...

...and Zalty on the other.

I put both sigils on the back and called it a day.

Kiki

Maelhavok

Ha...I see Lasabrjotur in there. Nice. I really need to spread that one around here.
"Wind, fire, that kind of thing..."

Moon1ight

The Glitterbombing never quite stops here :)

Some of the more interesting one follow.

Quite a while ago I was interested in Satanism for a few days. Overall it's not enough content in there and defining something worthwhile purely in opposition to something not worthwhile is not quite to my liking. I still found this an interesting read, by an author who does not take himself too seriously http://www.dpjs.co.uk/ethics.html -- However, there's not much in Satanism that isn't put better in Stirners "The Ego and his Own" (one of my all-time favourites) and Nietzsches "Genealogy of Morals" (in my view the best of Nietzsche's philosophical works, the Zarathustra as a more literature-style work is a different matter and also great.)

Tl;Dr -- I made an LS combined with an inverted cross:

If we say that one pillar of modern Satanism is the idea that consensus morality and dogma are just not where it's at, agreement with DKMU's/Ellis' goals becomes apparent. Artistically it's not very good, admittedly  :-[ But I did find the idea interesting.

Later I was under a bridge and just spontaneously made this:

Nothing special, I just wanted to give us some presence in a very graffiti-heavy spot.

Still later I met a friend from a distant city who's also into magick. We were discusing that one should lead one's own life and not get mixed up in primarily solving the problems of society or following some prescribed path -- be a good catholic or a good leftist. Nothing too special here :) We did however invent a cool German slogan for that -- "Lebst du dich? Oder lebst du nich' ?" -- It roghly means "Do you live yourself or do you not live", but it rhymes and sounds good in German :D Later I went out and made a small drawing of that at a very frequented spot (it was 3am on monday, but still people were walking by and I had to leave multiple times to not be seen drawing...) I imagine quite many people have seen it by now:

This one is not artistically satisfying at all  :-[ But it's a temporary, rough wooden wall, so I thought it's a good "practice area" :D

The draft looks like this:

and I know a place where I might have the chance to make it like that or better.

These were some news from germany.
All the best to you :) and remember, Khaos provides.

Those Shells are amazing, I want to add. Those who find them will definitely be surprised and perplexed! Excellent stuff!