News:

Insert expletive here!

Main Menu

Godform Cycle - March 2015

Started by Frater Theodbald, February 23, 2015, 05:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frater Theodbald

The goal of the excercise is for each participant to make one magical operation of a specific godform in the course of one week, going through all of them one at a time.  After that, we give ourselves a one month period for everyone to write and share results, with the eventual possibility of all participants to publish in a compendium / grimoire for future reference.

Feel free to share techniques / procedures / methodologies in the thread below.

Timeframe:

March 1-7 : Ellis
March 8-14 : DB / 663
March 15-21 : Ino
March 22-28 : Trigag
March 29- Apr 4 : Zalty
Apr 5-11 : Red King
Apr 12-18 : White Queen
Apr 19-25 : Eno & Nul, the twins.
Apr 26-Apr 30 / May 2 : Conjunctio
May 3-31 : writing and sharing of results.
June 1 - ??? : possible collection and formal publication.

Useful Links:

On the Godforms:
http://www.dkmu.org/texts/category/2-general?download=10%3Afrater-es-the-dkmu-godforms
Further info:
http://www.dkmu.org/texts/category/2-general?download=2%3Afrater-es-a-brief-examination-of-156663
« Soyez libres !... Du jour où vous l'aurez voulu, vous aurez commencé à l'être ! »
- Éliphas Lévi

Frater Theodbald

So they say that you have to lead by example, so here goes...

First off, this is what I did last time:
http://juankurse.magiqc.net/marainvo.html

Every ritual was different from each other.  This time I want to make everything much simpler, and use the same structure and props for each ritual.  Minimal use of props.

1) Banishing rite  (see below.)
2) Opening rite  (http://juankurse.magiqc.net/txt/DKMU-EvocationKhaos.pdf)
3) Evocation specific to the Godform of the Week  (http://www.dkmu.org/texts/category/2-general?download=10%3Afrater-es-the-dkmu-godforms)
4) Divination  (Tarot, scrying, automatic writing, etc.)
5) Closing rite (spontaneous.)

Props: Red Candle (for all workings), Rutilated Quartz Crystal, Spider, Divination prop, Sigil of the Godform.
« Soyez libres !... Du jour où vous l'aurez voulu, vous aurez commencé à l'être ! »
- Éliphas Lévi

Tara Flower

This is a very good plan. Also I really appreciate the way you share your results Frater Theodbald. Not everyone likes to do that I know, but every time I post my results I invite others to do the same.

Frater Theodbald

Ellisian Banishing
By DKMU

Based on the Psychonaut's own Paradigm, determine the direction of Most importance; stand facing it.

Imagine an equilateral triangle on the ground beneath and surrounding you. The Triangle should point behind you. (You shoud stand facing the flat "bottom" of the triangle, perpendicular to your direction of choice, Ex; assuming northerly orientation, you face north, with a point of the triangle behind you, facing south)

1) Arms out, head back. Eyes closed, a preliminary intonation of the psychonauts choosing should mark the begining of the ritual. Ex; IAO, IEAOU, AUM, Ect. Given the nature of the ritual, divine names or vibrations are directly advised against; Neutrality in the focus is necessary.

2) Directly in front of you, on the flat "Bottom" of the Triangle, Trace a vertical line, Vibrating as you do so; "Ellis" This is the Primary Vertical Line of the Linking Sigil.

3) From the ending of that line, trace a horizontal line out to the right, this is the primary horizontal line of the Linking Sigil. Vibrate "Raliq" while doing so.

4) From there, trace a line from the top right of the vertical line down, about half the distance of the horizontal line to a point about 3/4s of the way down on the left-hand side, extending out roughly half the distance of the horizontal line; this is the topmost line of the "S" in the Linking Sigil. Vibrate "Fout"

5) From there, continue your line back to the right, parallel with the first horizontal line about half it's distance over (this line should be ending directly underneat where the previous line began) this is the horizontal line in the 's'. Vibrate "Eb"

6) Finally, continue the line back down and to the left, perfectly bisecting the joint of the first two lines, ending directly under where the previous line began. this is the final line of the Linking Sigil. Vibrate "Shud" while tracing.

7) Breath through one full breath, bringing your arms straight down to your sides, with your forearms and hands tilted down and away from the body.

8 ) Rotate your right arm clockwise, through the chest region, out roughly 60deg above the head (forming the Sign of Apophis and Typhon with the right half of your body)

9) Invoke the Sacred Child. She Stands to the right of you, at the Corner of the Triangle where "Bottom" meets "Side" (Assuming Northerly Orientation; the Northeast corner of the room)

10) Rotate the both arms counterclockwise into the chest (sign of Osiris Risen)

11) Invoke the Lover, she Stands Directly Behind you, at the "Top" Corner of the Triangle" (Assuming Northerly Orientation; The South Corner of the Room)

12) Rotate both arms counterclockwise again, the right arm moving down to it's original position, the left arm moving up to 60deg above the head (Forming the Sign of Apophis and Typhon with the left side of the body)

13) Invoke the Red Queen. She Stands To the Left of you, at the Corner of the Triangle where "Bottom" meeds "Side" (Assuming Northerly Orientation, the Northwest corner)

14) Rotate the Left Arm Clockwise, returning to the original Position. Raise the arms directly up into a "cross pose" (the Sign of Osiris Slain)

15) Perform another Choice Vibratory exclaimation.

16) Turn clockwise to the next face of the triangle (assuming Northerly orientation, the Southeast), bowing to the Sacred Child on the way.

17) Perform steps 2-6 on the new face.

18) Perform Steps 7-15, invoking the Sacred Child, Lover, and Red Queen in their SAME Locations (using the Left hand for the Child, Right hand for the Lover, and going to the chest for the Queen)

19) repeat steps 2-15 for the final (southwest, assuming northerly orientation) for the last face, Ending with another final Vibratory Exclaimation. The Aspects of Ellis again retain their original placement, the Child being first Invoked at the rear by rotating the arms inward (clockwise for the right, counter for the left) to cross the chest (osiris slain), the lover next (dropping the right arm back, moving the left onward) and the Queen last (bringing the left arm back and the right up)

20) Return to the starting face and the "cross pose" (osiris slain), Bowing to the Queen on the way. and close the ritual with a proclaimation (Not a Vibration)

___

Notes on the Gestures; The arms are always rotated inward; across the chest.

Note on the proclaimation; Personal Tradition leads me to recommend the latin "Ave" as the finale for any Ellisian working. I've found it's combination of Brevity and Declaration makes it a wonderful punctuation mark.

Notes on the Invocations; These are intended to be brief intonations, but open to personalization by the psychonaut. In the initial castings, I used the (shitty) greek vibrations "Idou; Heiros Teknon!", "Idou; Erastis!", and "Idou; Kokino Basilissa!" For the Sacred Child, Lover, and Red Queen respectively. The Psychonaut is encouraged to assume any method or vibration preferred.

Practical note; When using the Ellisian Banishing in Ritual, Shift the directional alignment so that the alter falls at (or "close to") the corner containing the aspect most appropriate to the ritual. My correspondences follow;

The Sacred Child; Ellis as the Bringer of Chaos. She of the Bitten Fingers. The Glitterbomber. The Trickster and bringer of Change.

The Lover; Ellis as the Idealist; The Magician, Bringer of Power and giver of Knowledge. Lady of Ambitions and Desires.

The Red Queen; Ellis as the Unifier. She of the Webs. Lady of Stability and Community.
- Éliphas Lévi

Tara Flower

If we want to we can all use the same basic framework but with infinite variations according to the individual, like we did with the Halloween project. I think that works well and is fun. You really feel that you are participating in a group ritual.

The Cusp

I made this for Ellis week.  It's intended purpose is less ego, more attention, and Fewer emotional outbursts, more calm control.

No chanting, no ritual, it just is.  I made it, I put it out there, and I'll always know it's out there, doing it's things.  Maybe I'll look at it on occasion as a reminder, a means to refocus. 

Frater Theodbald

So I did this week's working last night.  It went rather well.

I started off with the Ellisian Banishing.  For the vibrations, I used "Hekas, Hekas Este Bebeloi", "IAO" and "Esto".  I found it surprisingly easy to memorize and short to do.  The fact that it is so detailed makes it look complicated, but the sheer detail of it simplify the whole learning process by a longshot.  The fact that it uses a triangular pattern rather than a square pattern threw me off a bit, as I am used to the four corners approach.  All in all, I feel that I need more practice with this technique and it's a good thing, because that's what I'll be doing for the next few months...

Second was the Transvocation to Khaos.  To put it simply, it blew my fucking mind.  I was sitting on a low table, in the position of Eliphas Lévi's Baphomet, visualising myself as the Goat of Mendes itself, yet focussing on my "ontological point", the center of my being.  I was reading the invocation and was capable of maintaining a good concentration on its content and symbols.  It was when I got to the final calling, IA! IA! IA! &c., that things felt like they were exploding.  My whole body got incredibly hot, I was in sweat, my voice changed into something that I had never heard before.  I guess I learned a new way of vibrating my enchantments that I had never thought possible - nor could I have ever seen myself capable of such a thing.  While I was previously capable of making my thorax vibrating during incantations, this was particularly booming and felt like my whole body was implicated.  I was also detatched from it all.  I had a sense of incredible power (hey, a good dose of megalomania is always healthy in magic, as I always say) and at the same time, I was thoroughly frightened by what was going on.  A feeling of being "in control" and totally "out of control" simultaneously.  At the end of the Transvocation, I don't know what the hell came out of me, sounded like a "primordial first breath" or something.  A loud inspiration followed by a long expiration.  Never before had I felt my lungs so full and then so empty.  After it was done, I needed a long moment of silence, I was quite shaken up. 

The next evocation of Ellis felt small and weak in particular.  Perhaps did I make a "mistake" in my procedure as I was unable to carry the Khaos Transvocation feeling into the Ellis Evocation.  I'll have to work on that for the next one.  Also, it is to note that the Khaos Transvocation is indeed more elaborate symbolically than the Ellis Transvocation.  Nonetheless, I believe I was able to stay concentrated and carry it out.

The divination went rather well, despite being short.  I'm still analyzing the symbols that came out of my scrying ball.

I ended the ritual with, first, redoing the Ellisian Banishing rite, which I felt I greatly needed.  I hesitated a bit to do the Star Ruby, as I've been doing it for a while and have good results with it.  But I didn't want to break the atmosphere.  To me, doing the Star Ruby would be equivalent of 'chickening out and taking the easy way' so I in redoing the Ellisian Banishing, I made sure I did it much better than the first time.

Once all was said and done, I was standing there, feeling disoriented.  I needed some time to sit on my couch and calm the fuck down.  It felt like the coming down of an acid trip all condensed in fifteen minutes.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with the overall intensity of my first week of the Godform Cycle and look forward to Doombringer.  The fact that we do it once a week instead of once in 3 days relaxes the intensity a bit and I have less chance of falling into a magical psychosis, HA!  So I guess it's all good.

- Éliphas Lévi

OmniZero

I'm jumping into this again, why not? I'll post details this time, and try to finish the last of my godforms paintings by the end.

Edit: Literally the day I started: http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2015/03/massive-chemical-fire-port-metro-vancouver/

Luna G

The Red Queen was welcomed last night.

I will compile my notes in a document that will be available at the end of the marathon.

Divination:
Left: XIII - Death / 7 of wands
Center: XV - Devil / 2 od cups *reverse*
Right: VI - Lovers *reverse*/ Ace of sword

Salud!
"Le seul moyen d'affronter un monde sans liberté est de devenir si absolument libre qu'on fasse de sa propre existence un acte de révolte." - Albert Camus

Ringtail

Portable alter: this and a ring of candles.

Got through the banishing and found out the security guard didn't like my singing. Shame, really, because I thought the intonation was pretty good. I relocated to a more rural area and started over. I tried a couple different types of scrying, both of which got me nothing; I think the cold prevented me from relaxing fully. I'll write up more details in May.

You have no idea how many Jesuses I are.

Balefir Mellayne

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.715035821947739.1073741871.180164872101506&type=1

""Elizi Danto" is an idol of Ezili (Erzulie) Dantor (Danto) that was crafted using the LS/Ellis network (of Chaos Magick). It's a play on the names Ezili + Ellis = Elizi. Papa Legba was also invoked of course in order to channel Ezili."

I have her on my etsy shop, but really want to get her to the right person who will form a relationship with her (and report on results).  I had a secondary purpose that I was inputting as financial gain, but should have been specific to business success.  I did get quite the large and unexpected cash injection the day after finishing, but it wasn't art related.

I don't know if I'm doing the full cycle, but my last Legba had more than a few 663 traits and I did want to do another...

Luna G

For those interested, I regrouped the rituals suggested for the Godforms cycle.

If people want, I can add the Evocation of the week.

I'm mostly adding as I go along.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DomusKaoticaMarauderUnderground/1022272701135832
"Le seul moyen d'affronter un monde sans liberté est de devenir si absolument libre qu'on fasse de sa propre existence un acte de révolte." - Albert Camus

Tara Flower

Good compilation. I've been using the one Nick added further up:  http://wp.me/p2F7pc-7u    The 7 Gates of Chaos.
You could add that one into the document as well.

Kiki

So I didn't go as big as you guys seem to have, but I did do something for Ellis. I drew the LS in red on white paper, lit a red candle, set it on my black ritual tray and invited her over for some dream time. I ended up having no dreams at all- just an empty nothing- which is indicative of successful contact in my experience (seems no matter what entity I try to work with in dreamland it ends up being blank). The crazy thing was that when I woke up, the candle had burned down completely, except for instead of the wax disappearing or burning out or what not, just the wick did. All of the candle wax remained in the holder as if it had never burned.